It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stunning photo of a UFO over Cornwall, 06 jan 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I found this among my myspace bulletins yesterday, posted by
"The Disclosure Project & Other Subjects", here it is:

THIS stunning photo of a UFO over Cornwall
Body:

www.thesun.co.uk...

THIS stunning photo of a UFO over Cornwall was last night hailed by experts as one of the best ever taken in Britain.

The classic flying saucer shape is seen above two ships.

And UFO watchers believe it could be proof we are NOT alone.

Shock ... Kelvin captured shot

Kelvin Barbery snapped the mystery object from a coastal path between Swanpool and Maenporth, near Falmouth.

In a weird twist, Kelvin, 55, did not even see the UFO at the time.

He thought he was just taking a sea view — but when he loaded the digital camera card on to his computer, the round metallic “craft” was in the centre of the shot, about two miles away.

Kelvin, a facilities manager for schools, said: “There were a couple of tankers out in the bay and I thought that it made a nice shot.

“There was nothing in view and certainly no fault on the camera.

“When I got home I couldn’t believe what I had. I thought, ‘Wow, where did that come from?’ I’m not the sort to believe in UFOs — now I’m not so sure.”

Nick Pope, one of Britain’s foremost UFO experts, said the photo was one of the best he had seen.

Nick, formerly the official Ministry of Defence UFO analyst, said: “If I was still there I’d be looking at this very closely. The object looks structured, symmetrical and metallic. This man has caught something very interesting indeed.”

Michael Soper, of the Contact International UFO group, agreed: “This does appear genuine. Digital photos can be doctored but everything about it appears consistent.”

KELVIN took his picture at 3.31pm on December 29, with a Nikon D80 Digital SLR on automatic.

bye
j

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicyclerepair Man

There is already a long thread on this and it has been mostly debunked as a bird.

ATS - CORNWALL

[edit on 9-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
oh really? sorry for posting, hadn't seen it anywhere

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
debunked as a bird???????? next you'll try and tell us all that the two objects in the water ( ships ) are really crocodiles....i mean look at the size of it compared
to the crocodiles......the people that recon its a bird need xtra large magnification glasses.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

yeah its definately a bird and a crappy camera not able to keep up with motion of the bird

seriously

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It looks like a bird to me. Why do people do stuff like this? Surely the man that took this realized it was a bird.

I have a pic that I took at an air show that shows two jets and a green disc. Some kids were playing with a frisbee near to where I was and the frisbee just happened to be in the camera's field of view when I took the pic. Looks convincing though. But I don't want to hoax anybody so I never posted it. Even with an explanation. Because I know that it would turn into an alienb driven UFO before long.

Some people are so easy to deceive.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sure looks like a UFO...looks too big to be a bird, even when you impose a straight line down from it where the object appears to be at a halfway point.

The close up doesn't look like a bird either.

If it was a large bird, doesn't a bird of that scale, say geese, fly in packs?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
too big to be a bird? Ever heard of scale? Its closer to the camera than the ships..and the wing is slap bang in the middle side on view.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
too big to be a bird? Ever heard of scale? Its closer to the camera than the ships..and the wing is slap bang in the middle side on view.

Ever heard of reading comprehension? I mentioned imposing a straight line underneath the object to...extrapolate Scale.

No reason to get an attitude.

Your slap bang wing deduction is your opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Probably a seagull, looks like a beak at the very right, looks like wings in the middle.
And of course the tail feathers at the left.

Look closely.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You can draw as many lines as you like all over it but it won't help you detemine any sort of scale.
Its not even perfectly symetrical & the wing mass in the middle gives it away.

Im bad..Im bad..I know it (really really bad)

quote]Originally posted by EclipseReloaded

Originally posted by jainatorres

Ever heard of reading comprehension? I mentioned imposing a straight line underneath the object to...extrapolate Scale.

No reason to get an attitude.

Your slap bang wing deduction is your opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
please add to existing.

Thanks

Thread Closed

Existing

top topics

join