It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate obscuration - Bush gov misled public on climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, not anything we didn't know already...

The evidence before the Committee leads to one inescapable conclusion: the Bush Administration has engaged in a systematic effort to manipulate climate change science and mislead policymakers and the public about the dangers of global warming.

oversight.house.gov...

Nice to see the US government felt it was justified in determining the scientific position.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice. Nowhere in this report do I see the word "Bi-Partisan", meaning this committee is dominated by Democrats who would never say that any Republican ever did anything right. While I don't doubt that the administration manipulated data, the other party does the same thing when in power, making whatever case serves their agenda. Do you really believe that leaders in the E.U. and elsewhere on the planet don't do the same? It's called politics. I don't like it either, because I want climate change science to stand on it's own merit, whatever that may be. The political part of the debate must be eliminated.

The truly alarming thing is: who will people blame for all that's wrong with the world in 13 months when Bush leaves office? The more things change, the more they remain the same. I expect a much worse leader than Bush next election. This has already happened to my Australian friends but many of them don't realize it yet. They will.

A flag and star for you, my friend.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The biggest lie being fed to humanity at the moment, concerning global warming is, that it's our fault, and that it's caused by CO2.

The oil conglomerate IS responsible for keeping us stuck on pollutant energy, it IS responsible for assisting us in putting tons of CO2 into the air every day, it is all these things and more -

but CO2 is not causing global warming. The sun is. This process is part of the solar system itself, but we are being lead to believe we can 'fix' it or help to slow or even STOP global warming which is a terrible, terrible lie.

People said for so long that Bush wasn't going to save us from global warming, yet it is now part of his new agenda, and it will be a talking point for politicians in the future. This should be enough reason for people to recognize man-made global warming for the farce that it is. We are being promised that we can help stop it, when in fact we cannot.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
The truly alarming thing is: who will people blame for all that's wrong with the world in 13 months when Bush leaves office?

I don't really blame him for all that's wrong. Maybe for mucking up in Aye-raq.

All I can blame him for here is allowing attempts to gag scientists and manipulation of the scientific position. It's been known for a while, but it was good to see a lot of info in one place.

I would like to think that climate scientists in the UK can speak freely, without political interference.

But, most definitely, we need the politics out of the science. Each time I see Gore talking about this, I squirm, but most likely not for the reasons you do, heh.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There are two concepts driving the global climate change (GCC) frenzy and they are both MONEY.

1) Money for the Governmnet

The only legislative answer to the perceived threat of man made GCC is a system of taxation. As I've said before, it will be the biggest tax scheme the world has ever seen. The quack from Australia proposing a baby carbon tax of $5,000 per child serves as the extreme example of this very real agenda.

2) Money for the media.

I've been mulling this concept over for a while now. Global Warming, or climate change, or whatever you want to call it...man-made or not, is a money maker for all news media outlets... TV, press, radio, internet.

Think about it, it's a very controlled....slow burning "end of the world" type story. Who can resist it? Even skeptics, such as myself, devour every story that appears. They can keep this going for years, selling papers, selling advertising, etc.

The main stream media runs the whole show. They can supress skeptics, and even when they do give skeptics consideration they are demonized as being in the pockets of big oil.

With the clever twist from global "warming" to "climate change" they can perpetuate this scam, and sense of fear as long as they wish, since the climate is in a never ending state of change.

Read Michael Chrichton's "State of Fear"

[edit on 12/11/2007 by darkbluesky]

top topics

join