It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military funds project to integrate human with artificial intelligence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A look ahead to the soldier and non-human soldiers of the future.

www.slate.com...
(Scroll down to the 10th story.)

A couple of questions for those who read the article:

How hard do you think they're pushing this tech considering the difficulty the US is having in maintaining troop levels and extending deployments?

Do you think that a war such as the one currently in Iraq would be looked at differently by the general populace if the need for human soldiers was eliminated? (Read entire article.)

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Area_X

I support this technology if it works like how I'm imaging...I envision hardware that monitors the brain and body but is separate from them. A helmet sounds pretty nifty.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
craptons of money invested in a helmet designed to assist in battle is a serious idea, without surgury i dont see how it could be of a "artificial intelegence" level, but monitering vitals and other such things and with a camera for commanders to identify enemy troop movements or for reconisance would be a cool idea

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well with vision this technology developement is very promising. Currently (for a few years now) their are microchips that exist that can transfer neuron charges into readable computer data. This could only be the first step in bio-tech integration and the Other innovations that came out recently.

In the article your basically reading about developement of a "Soldiers War Organizer" making strain on the U.S cyborg trooper somewhat "easier". But what happens when they integrate Exoskeletons?

or Computer's that not only read data sent from the human brain, but aslo Input data into the human brain (if your fighting such a Unit, that is the day you should fear. when the mind of humans and computers become one) giving the human soldier unknown capabilities with direct aid from computers (target's faster, able to send messages through artificial telepathy, Calculates trojectories of the bullets he's firing, extreme accelerated thought, the rest of the list is long and probably unimaginable to some.

I would say, that this isn't the last time you'll hear about this if you plan to live longer than 10years

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I know that they have just perfected artificial corneas for eye surgery ~ I know not terribly exciting, but they have always had a lot of bother with the coating - it needs to reject normal eye cells from growing on it's surface for it to work.

Any who - can any one else imagine a more perfect visual interface than an integrated artificial cornea? (besides somehow sticking the data straight into the grey matter that is) Imagine all the hardware fitted elsewhere (helmet, body armer, hand bag errr MAN bag) so that you can pick and choose goodies like night vision - x box 360 or satalite link and your basically synced wireless. I want I want!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I wish they'd spend the money on healthcare and education instead

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I wish they'd spend the money on healthcare and education instead

What and have loads of clever people living longer - Sheesh where do people get radical ideas like these from :shk:

(are BTS emoticon jobs frowned upon in ATS?)

[edit on 5/12/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
(are BTS emoticon jobs frowned upon in ATS?)
[edit on 5/12/2007 by Now_Then]

I hope not. That Rambo one is pretty cool. Now...those who say "we wish they would spend more money on healthcare and education"... what better teacher than the battlefield? Virtually everything we have (including really, really good medicine) comes from military applications.

new topics

top topics

join