It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not me???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hiya GEL
You aren't alone there. It seems the industrial marketing side of ufology spreads and thrives on the idea that our skies are jam-full of UFOs. One of the dumbest myths to explain why more people don't see them is 'well people just don't look up!' Absurd.

Having said that, I've seen two UFOs I consider true UFOs...not saucers or anything cool...just two occasions when I saw a light in the sky that remains unidentified. I've got no need to claim they were ET...just unexplainable at this time.

Regarding increasing skepticism...that's the right path IMO. Although deeply fascinated by UFOs, if a rational explanation arrived I'd accept it without any qualms. Why should we be loyal to a phenomena? I've walked away from the whole subject more times than is worth counting

EDIT to add...I just skimmed a couple of posts and fail to see where guys come off attributing spiritual hoohah about either the UFOs or the people that see or claim to see them. Wishful thinking.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I applaud you for coming out and saying what started it. That was almost the same exact thing that I did with the exception of the targeting of a star. The day after, many weird things started happening and nothing has been the same since then. Maybe it was wishful thinking or maybe we are able to communicate with them and they listen and respond.

Edit: Kandinsky
The reason why we attribute it after a "spiritual" event is because before that "spiritual" event we had not seen anything. It is like asking the jug of milk to let you see flying elephants and the next day you get to see a flying elephant and a few more after that. Maybe the jug of milk doesn't have the powers to let you see, but something happened that allowed you to see it. It might be luck but why do the same people get lucky again and again? Like the lightning struck people that get struck a few times over their lifetime.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

never say never, all is determined by your actions from before BUT there is a smile in the future to all , whatever you wish can be fullfiled !

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I haven't read all the replies here but IMO the minute you stop looking for/thinking about/yearning for a sighting, it most likely will happen. It seems rare that anyone deliberately searching for a UFO actually see's one. Its when you are totally unprepared sans camera or even mobile at side that it happens!!

I have seen two unexplainable 'things'. One when I was 18 years old very close to a military base in my country and that coincidence ( military base) totally escaped me at the time. I never gave it a thought but now we all know that sightings close to military bases seem relatively common. I had only had my licence to drive for a week or so and here I am waaaaaaaaay out in the countryside at dusk, alone, and some very weird light streaked across the sky in front of me and then stopped. Stopped dead. I stopped the car. Said ' light' took off at an enormous rate of knots. I needed a bathroom.

From one green eyed ' Leo' to another...dont give up hoping, just put it out of your head and you will see something for sure. Well...one day.

ETA: The sighting mentioned happened mid '70s in New Zealand.

edit on 20-8-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join