It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A CT behind the next space race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have a conspiracy theory that's pretty "out there." I hope you don't mind me sharing, and apologies if someone else has already posted along these lines. So, pull up a cup'o'joe and have yourself a read

We found something on the moon. I have no idea what - be it a million-year-old can of WD40 or moon moss - it doesn't matter, because at the very least, evidence of microbes or bacteria had to have been discovered. Things have just been too weird since we've been back, and things were weird at that time in history to lead me to believe otherwise.

NASA simply panicked. They weren't supposed to find anything, and all they had to go on as even the remotest historical precedent of possible public response was Orson Well's broadcast of War of the Worlds on Oct. 30, 1938.

Even 30 years later, we simply weren't "ready".

But maybe after a few generations of "Star Trek", the public opinion might just start changing from outright panic to complete indifference. I mean, after all, the idea of a Galactic Federation, so-to-speak, isn't exactly weird and scary anymore.

NASA, along with it's bureaucratic ties to the government (and media), has actually been preparing us for disclosure via sci-fi shows, and they'll cite that fateful night back in '38 as justifiable cause for classifying evidence of extraterrestrial life - no matter how miniscule or fantastic - all these years.

(Ever notice how there're more and more UFO/Alien documentaries on TV now than compared to, say, the late 80's? If talk of aliens were complete rubbish, why would these shows pull the ratings they do to justify more shows? Clearly, someone's watching)

But out of nowhere, everyone's got their panties in a bunch to hit the moon again - this time for helium3. I don't know all the facts about this, but that's the official story. Everyone wants this valuable element - all of a sudden.

We aren't quite ready yet, and NASA's panicking again. We need a few more generations before we're "ready" for the big news - after all, it took 'em decades to inform us that mars has ice...

Disclosure must come on their terms, because it would be really really bad for them if Japan were to make the discovery - that would make them verifiable liars at worst, and complete idiots for not "finding" it while we were there in the first place.

How can you NOT picture the following scenario in your mind:

NASA goes to Bush, and says, "uh...sir? um...well...we have to get back to the moon. You don't understand - we HAVE to go back - before anyone else, because of ... um...well, there's some stuff up there, and if another nation finds it before we can pretend we found it while drilling for helium3 then we are in a HEAP of trouble"

And Bush, smack dab in the middle of war, announces, rather quietly I might add, that we're going back, as if only to pacify someone so he could get back to his war.

When we get there - first - and we "happen" to find said evidence, while "mining helium3" (however you do *that*), will I get a cookie? A gold star maybe?

Like I said, it's out there, but man, it would sure explain a *lot* of the disinfo...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As good a speculation as any other, and better than a lot.

But theories are just that, and till some kind of proof surfaces, they're a dime a dozen. Especially here.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
quite interesting!
somewhen i've imagined something like a "Watcher" tower or stuff like that.
Earth is so D*mn unique to not interest anyone or anything out there...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Just imagine this scene though:

(scene: oval office, Bush at his desk with a furrowed brow and broken crayons - in walks NASA offical)

NO: "Sir? um...we have to go back"
GW: "Back? Where?"
NO: "The moon"
GW: "The what?"
NO: "The moon...you know..."
GW: "Oh that thing...yeah, why?"
NO: "Um..well, we found some microbes in one of them craters..and uh.."
GW visibly irritated: "Can't you see I'm deciding things?! Go away! Bother someone else!"
NO: "Sir, we need YOU to give a speach"
GW: "Forget it, it's nonsense and I'm busy"
NO: "We'll let you fly in the Aurora"
GW pauses
GW "Very well, but can I get back to my war right after?"
NO: "Yes, Mr. President, and thank you."

[edit on 7-11-2007 by guavas]

top topics

join