It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing your hair faster...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What have you heard?
What have you tried?
What works and what doesn't?

I've heard to cut on the full moon. To cut on the new moon. To cut at midnight.
I've heard you should eat lots of jello or take the caps.
Then there is the brushing of the hair (100 strokes). And the reflexology points.

Anyone hear anything different or try any of these and notice a difference?
Oh - and the products on the market - never tried those.

(I preffer my hair to be about the middle of my back or a bit longer. It's where I like it to be now. But I'd really like to cut off the bottom 4 or 5 inches because the very end(s) get more damage and aren't as thick.)

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think if you get your hair cut on a regular basis, it promote's growth. My hair grows fast, and is super thick. Every six weeks I'm in the chair for a cut, and a good thinning

Do yourself a favor, and go get that 4 or 5 inches cut off. It'll feel much better

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
hi yes I have heard there are quite a few beliefs on growing hair.

I have not actually seen anything that worked. I cut my hair to my shoulders maybe 6 months ago. And it is already grown to my shoulder blades again. People have said OMG your hair grows so fast! Perhaps it does? I do feel sometimes you need to cut away the really dead hair. It was a shock for me to cut my hair but it feels healthier now.

I think a good diet and plenty of calcium must increase hair growth.
People also say, getting your hair trimmed regularly increases growth but I don't think that is quite true, hairdressers just get more money. I go to the hairdressors maybe once a year.

My hair has grown 2 inches in about 6 months and that sounds about usual:

en.wikipedia.org...

I think genetics also plays some part.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What have you heard? I've heard massaging your scalp, cold water rinse after a shower, and split end trimming helps.
What have you tried? cold water rinse, hair vitamins, Vitamin E, Omega 3 Fish Oil
What works and what doesn't? For me it seemed the hair vitamin pills helped along, if not just making my hair stronger. Am currently trying Omega 3 Fish Oil and Vitamin E.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I do the every 6 weeks trim thing (BEARLY any off at all). But my hair is very light blond - which means it's very thin and soft - hard to keep barrets or pony tail holders in it.

If yours is that thick, that's probably why it grows so fast - lucky you!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I personally believe that folklore remedies, i.e. cutting one's hair on the new moon, etc, are simply "old wives tales". There might be some basis in truth but, for the most part, I simply discount them.

In my opinion, the best way to promote strong, vigorous hair growth is to have been born into "good genetics". Aside from that, it would probably be a good idea to maintain proper nutrition, get plenty of rest and to attempt to maintain ones emotional and psychological health. Everything else is wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Relax, eat right and get enough rest, nothing more to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Relax, eat right and get enough rest, nothing more to it.

We have a winner right here..........

Don't be overly concerned about the speed your hair grows, it really isn't that important.
Eat a proper well balanced diet, drink plenty of water, keep yourself healthy, and "Don't use a bunch of products on your hair".

If you need to trim away some split ends for aesthetics, that's fine, but just have the tips trimmed on a regular basis to keep it looking good. Hair is dead tissue, so when you cut it, how you cut it, or how much you cut, none of these thing will have anything to do with growth.

One of the worst things you can do is washing your hair every day. It drys your scalp and destroys the natural oils that keep your follicles happy. Use a mild shampoo if you feel the need to scrub your scalp. Something like "Baby Shampoo".

The fewer damaging products you put on your hair the better. Any harsh treatment can cause long hair shafts to break, and frankly, constant brushing will do the same thing. You get a frizzy look.:shk:

The fewer chemicals, hot rollers, curling irons, etc...the better your hair will look.

Keep it natural to keep it long....

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Multi B vitamin, Folic Acid, and an organic shampoo and conditioner. The first two will help with strength and I "hang out" with this girl who swears about the folic acid speeding the process up. Sometimes your usual shampoos and conditioners are really irritating to your scalp, or there's oil in your conditioners that clog your shafts sometimes.. Couldn't hurt to try.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

Hi AngelaLadyS,

I have a friend from India who has hair that is so long she has to make sure it isn't in the way when she is using the facilities. She cuts it every 4 weeks. She said all the women in her family use a small amount of olive oil massaged into the scalp every night.

join