It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We are at times where a government agency can make a such a statement without major media coverage??

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

That's what I thought of, too. As in illegal immigrants from North Africa and the middle east. Those people might look upon modern appliances as being against their faith, somehow, and have declared a jihad against them.

Trying very hard not to ...

Oh, what the hell ...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Popped into the discussion to clear a few things up.

First of all, I am italian, and, to be more precise, I'm from Palermo, Sicily. Caronia is a very small town not far from where I live, and is - well, let's just say it's not exactly the most interesting place in the world. A few years ago, I learned from the national press (not just the local one) that weird things were happening. To be more precise, electornical equipment (TVs, Radios, PCs etc) were catching fire, as well as non electornical equipment (blankets, furniture, etc) in the town. Media reports kept coming for quite some time (can't recall how much, tbh) and videos started popping out of nowhere showing burning furniture or melted cables. Many started associating the facts with Satan (:@@
very soon, as most of you know Italy, and to be more specific Sicily, has deep roots into the Christian religion, especially in small towns such as Caronia. I can recall old ladies saying it was ghosts that caused everything, and people swearing they had seen them.

Apparently, the phenomenon started quite some time before media coverage, and was only covered by the media once the Civil Protection was called upon to investigate the events. As further reports flowed into newspapers and TV, no answers were ever given as to what was actually causing these strange events. In what must have been a month at most, the news died out as no answers ever came.

Apparently however, the investigations have continued throghout the years. Recently, someone from INSIDE the Civil Protection leaked information about an alleged ufo landing near the town (burn stains and marks found on ground in the outskirts) and excessive and unusual UFO sightings in the area surrounding Caronia. As reported on a national TV show tonight, many videos were handed to the authorities showing UFOs and strange lights. Fishermen have seen bright colored lights suddenly coming from under the sea, while fishing at night. This, has garnered further attention to the Caronia case.

Now, I've met a guy from Caronia, he's studying economy at the University here in Palermo. We discussed the strange happenings and he told me how when this whole thing started lots of houses suddenly caught fire, and how after that, many people started burning their own properties in hope of a insurance cash-out, and subsequently failed. He told me he believes that about 8 out of 10 of the strange events are actually true, and how some were actually found to be hoaxes involving kerosene

On the Umberto Bossi theory: I lol'd.

On the "lost in translation" theory: nope. Alien means little green man in italian, and when they said "Alien", Alien is what they meant. ET. Also, the use of the word "Alien" related to anything not belonging to a predetermined place is usually specified by the context, this is not the case.

On the guy talking about Alien-o-Mafia: you don't know what you're talking about. Quit the Al Pacino crap, and please think before you type. Not funny, not even one bit. Mafia is a serious problem, it kills people, and when it does not.. it kills society, it kills opportunity.

So here's a list of what's safe to say:

* It's paranormal, or at least it has not been explained by a miriad of scientists or "experts" payed by our taxes

* Yes, it's a moneymaking event. Caronia was nothing, now it's almost something.

* Yes, something strange is going on, and UFOs could be involved

* Yes, people are seeing things down there.

* Yes, public money was spent to try to find something that, in the end, was meant to be kept secret from us. But that's not news.

* No, not all of the events are true, some of them are hoaxes.

* No, the Mafia isn't envolved.

P.S. - Sorry for my English, I'm not THAT used to writing in your language.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join