It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Refuses To Release The Results Of Their Pilot Study

page: 1

join
share:
six

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I found this rather interesting that NASA is refusing to release the results of their unprecedented survey of the nations pilots. 24,000 pilots were surveyed at a cost of 8.5 million dollars. Some of the results include a much higher rate of bird strikes, near collisions, runway interference than that which is reported to the public. NASA was ready to erase all of this info. before being ordered to stop by the House Technology Committee. NASA doesnt want to release this inforamtion. They are considering a FOIA right now

www.boston.com...

Just what are they afraid of? That we cant handle the truth?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Doesn't really surprise me much that they are withholding info. When the report is finally leaked, it's going to strangle the airline industry. The report must be pretty damaging if they ordered the agency who held the information to destroy it. I would bet that some of the findings are pretty detrimental and "odd".

six

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cw034

No they stopped NASA from destorying the information. My feeling is so what if it bad information. Use it to our advantage to fix the problems rather than to hide from them. But to spend all that time and money and then destory it because we cant handle the truth is stupid.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by six

I'm guessing that it isn't so much that it's damaging to NASA or the pilots themselves, but the people who headed the survey - they were paid to produce results that promoted the agenda, not damn it.

The interesting thing is how they expect to be able to get away with destroying the report, after all doing so would mean that 8.5 million dollars just disappeared from the face of the earth.

How would they be able to do this and not come under suspicion?

six

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I think the biggest fear is the damage to the airline industry itself. It will give the impression that we have been lied to and flying isnt has safe as it is touted to be. As far as I have been able to tell, none of the information was destroyed, they were given the cease and desist before the could wipe the hard drives clean.

Edit for spellink. lol

[edit on 24-10-2007 by six]

new topics

top topics

join