It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I present you, God:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

The heart is deceitful?

Where did you hear that?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by WiseSheep

The heart is deceitful?

Where did you hear that?

From the one who created it before it chose sin over him.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is true, we manipulate a situation, falsley reflecting in order to accomplish or rationalize what the "heart" really wants. We trick ourselves. The heart can be cleansed, a new tenant can live their. Christ.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

And if the heart is already cleansed, can the heart be trusted?

I dislike the vagueties of what our 'creator' told us - only if one has a pure heart can one understand them.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

You're right. when you walk in alignment with the God principle (10 commandments, holy living etc.), you receive understanding. An unveiling of holy wisdom and fractal truth, understanding many things from the focusing of one. Your being is a mirror. The will dictates where you aim your mirror, reflecting, receiving and emitting that is, whatever it is pointed at. Assemble your lens towards God, and reap the power of his holy source. Like a torch in a dark cave, it lights your path. You are able to see all snares, all manner of beasts waiting in the shadows. You are able to see the truth of this design and realize how troubled a creature man is. You see the science of God. Love, building, grouping, expanding, light.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Many of the ten commandments are things any person with moral values should follow.

Though shalt not kill, etc...too bad your god has been a hypocrite in that department.

Oh, but hes god, so he can kill whomever he wishes.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Your mother goddess condones death by nature? The floods, quakes, hurricanes.

Who am I to judge God, moreso, who am I to explain every one of his actions.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by depth om]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Your mother goddess condones death by nature? The floods, quakes, hurricanes.

Who am I to judge God, moreso, who am I to explain every one of his actions.

And apparently yours does too and then some.

Regardless, I'm not really of that belief, I think she put everything in it's place at the beginning, embedding DNA codes and evolution codes etc etc, and it just happens.

Like I mentioned in other places, if a higher power loves us, s/he has to not be able to effect anything after it's created.

Your god apparently can but doesn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
And if the heart is already cleansed, can the heart be trusted?

Absolutely.

To the clean in heart all things are clean: but to those who are unclean and without faith nothing is clean; they become unclean in mind and in thought.
~Titus 1:15

If we condemn ourselves, then we cause inner conflict. But if we believe that GOD is love and we share that love freely with others, then we have nothing at all to fear...perfect love casts out fear.

In this way we may be certain that we are true, and may give our heart comfort before him, When our heart says that we have done wrong; because God is greater than our heart, and has knowledge of all things.

My loved ones, if our heart does not say that we have done wrong, we have no fear before him;
And he gives us all our requests, because we keep his laws and do the things which are pleasing in his eyes.

And this is his law, that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love for one another, even as he said to us.
~1 John 3:19-23

To the pure, all things are pure. Blessed are the pure in heart! ♥

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I applaud you! Not only is it not our job to figure out what God really is, it is up to us just to have faith, and follow his ways. Nothing more, Nothing less.
- 1337cshacker

Not when people speak for him.

Who is he?
- WiseSheep

You deny Jesus Christ much credit by denying he’s a man. It’s also a good way to maybe limit someone‘s potential, no? You can all live up to Christ, it requires only strength. Viewing him as more than just a man gives people an excuse to be less good than him, and people take it. It can only breed weakness….who would put it there? Who wants you weak? Certainly not God.

Interestingly the creator said the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. Who can know it? He says nothing about listening to it.
- WiseSheep

Really? How did he tell you? If God spoke it to you than good job, keep thinking. It was almost right. Why would someone want you to not listen to your heart? It never tells you to hurt anyone. Your mind does.

The heart can be cleansed, a new tenant can live their. Christ.
- depth om

Same thing I said before about Jesus. He didn’t stand up for what’s right so that you don’t have to. He did it to show his people how screwed up they were, and that no matter what, you have basic freedoms. BE Christ. BE King. Be Gandhi. BE the next one to save the world if it should happen to fall upon your shoulders, because at times it may. Look at Burma. God is trying to work there RIGHT NOW. “God” uses us when there is a kink in his system. It’s kind of like God‘s constitution and bill of rights. Christ’s message was to listen to god/fairness/logic/reason, they are all the same. No one should have to speak them to you.

Don’t pit causes against each other in the name of God. God is one cause. And he has no conscious.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by captainplanet]

[edit on 20-10-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No one suffers when everyone follows god, and tries to learn him. People suffer when they follow men. Stop arguing over which outdated document correct, and write a new one.

Not to plug, but, I’m inclined to believe this is what the founding fathers of America originally intended when I think to my other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you vote, you should read that too.

Now I’m starting to think the whole thing combined could possibly save the world…if only they would listen.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just figured it out.

When you combine the two, you get Star Wars. George Lucas got it. He imagined humans in another galaxy, where the false concept of God never happened. Where humans understood the 5th element so well, they evolved to control “the force” or had a well enough understanding of it that they could control it. He knew that the creation of God was limiting our potential and corruptive. The Empire and their Dark Side were symbolic of how we act when we corrupt the 5th element

George Lucas showed us a world where God never happened. God is a corruption of the 5th element. This sounds crazy but, if you’ve been paying attention to me, it’s perfectly correct.

Tell me I’m wrong, because that’s nuts.

MOD: Why is this Below Top Secret? This is the biggest and oldest conspiracy on Earth. The underlying wrong behind everything. It quite literally is "God" when put together, and thats the conspiracy man, or someone, created to control us. That the entire concept of God is wrong.

[edit]
it is LIKE starwars

[edit on 21-10-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well in Star Wars invidual alien species have their own religions well isolated on their home planets also human groups on different planets.

I guess though when people are well versed in holy crap why the hell I am talking Star Wars on here?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The fact that you focused on my symbolism, not my point. Is very symbolic of the way religion confuses people.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I made this metaphor for another thread, but it fits well here. I don’t like ending on Star Wars…

Religion is oxygen. Science is hydrogen. They are both real, but by themselves, we can only make fire.

Right now we live off of fire. Throughout documented history we have lived off of fire. Civilization as we know it IS the fire, made up of smaller flames.

But fire is unstable and consuming by nature and eventually if it wins, all it can do is burn out. It is not self sustaining, but self destructive. Hence the end times in every religion, and the atomic bomb. Some flames burn in less obvious ways, but we all burn and/or get burned. It is what we know, it is our civilizations.

Fire by nature can only be a temporary way of living, since it burns out. The rise and fall of Nations and Empires and Religions. The rise and fall of man, Armageddon.

In order to not burn out we would have to become water, and extinguish all the flames. Water would be a natural joining of Religion and Science. Just like physics. Where we stop feeding our fire for mere survival and become something more consistent and self sustaining.

Water cannot be extinguished. It can be gathered until it breaks free or detoured, but not extinguished. Water can be broken back down into its separate parts to start flames again, but the body of water will remain there to extinguish them if we know to use it.

Fire feeds off of life until it burns out or is extinguished, where as water creates life and never dies. Only water can extinguish the flames before they burn out in an eventual Armageddon. Water is where you will find heaven, an everlasting utopia and creator of life.

Science becomes evil without the standing morals of Religion. Religion becomes ignorant without the growing knowledge of science. Right now they act as competing flames, burning our world. Water is the only thing that can stop them from burning out. Extinguishing their flames while creating unity and healing the burns. If we all believe the end is inevitable, then it truly is.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by captainplanet]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join