It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts, Projection, and OBEs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Two things. I've been watching a lot of stuff on Youtube involving ghost hunting, EVP, orbs, and so on, and have begun to wonder something about what these ghost hunters experience. I also am wondering if any of these ghost hunting groups have tried a specific experiment while they are out on the prowl.

The first thing I mentioned involves seeing and/or experiencing supernatural presences such as orbs, ghosts, dark persons, etc. While watching episodes of the show Ghost Hunters, as well as some more amateurish video footage produced by other hunters, it occurred to me that perhaps what these people are experiencing isn't the product of hauntings or spirits that have been somehow bound to specific landmarks or people. The thing that made me start to wonder is how often certain people from TAPS are more prone to think they are seeing or feeling something. With that in mind, I find myself curious if what they are seeing or feeling is actually the product of some sort of mental projection or energy.

If that is a bit confusing, here's a basic example. Let's say three people go hunting for ghosts in a building that has a long reputation for being haunted. These three people, as a result of their anticipation of going to this building, have formed some strong desires to see some sort of phenomena. Once they arrive to find the building to be quite intimidating due to the darkness, the old age of the structure, and the subconscious digestion of the reputation that the building has for being haunted. The product of this intimidation is both fear and excitement.

Is is possible for the mix of emotions to produce enough mental energies that the three people could project that energy out in the form of the shadows, orbs, and even apparitions that they may see?

When watching the TAPS group on Ghost Hunters, some of what I am talking about can be observed. Jason and Grant do experience some stuff, but usually they end up sitting around to see if anything happens. They appear to be very relaxed and more concerned with debunking rather than looking too hard to see things. On the other than, guys like Brian (who is no longer part of the team) and, to a little lesser extent, Tango, usually appear tense and having a strong desire to see something paranormal. And almost always it's the tense folks who are seeing things, and often become quite skittish because they're so worked up.

Oh, one other thing that fed into this mental energy idea was from a specific Ghost Hunters episode. The team had gone to investigate the house of an old gentleman who was also a medium. At one point they showed the man giving Jason and Grant each a reading. While Jason was hearing his reading, he was answering questions the old man was asking. As they were doing this, Grant was observing them with the heat detection device they use. I'm not sure what the old guy asked Jason, but suddenly the heat readings went crazy, and the display showed what looked more like a psychedelic video than heat signatures. Then, as Jason answered a question right after that happened, this strange blob of energy began to slowly move from Jason towards the old guy. And then, when the old man spoke again he reached his hand out and it looked like he wiped away the blob of energy and sort of calmed down the readings as a whole. It was really interesting to see how it happened.

The other thing I have been wondering about is regarding OBEs and ghost hunting. I have read a fair amount about OBEs people are able to experience in extremely relaxed states, and how, in some cases, they can control their actions while out of their bodies. What I am very curious about is whether or not someone who can do OBEs has attempted to do so while at house or building that is supposedly home to ghosts. I'd love to know if they could make contact through an OBE. On the other hand, I wonder if there would be any danger by doing so. Perhaps a ghost could "jump into" the body of the person doing the OBE?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Any thoughts?

It would be interesting to have a group of ghost hunters investigate a home that has no apparent hauntings or paranormal activity. I'm almost tempted to set up an audio recorder in my apartment overnight to see if I pick up anything that sounds like an EVP. I'm not sure how well it would go though, as there are people walking around outside that would likely be heard, and our new neighbors have a big dog with a strong bark.

join