It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Standard of The News Forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
UM_Gazz has updated the submission rules for the News forums.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most important is the comments section, what you write there is very important, your take on the news item, additional information, opinion and commentary can make your news submission become an interesting discussion and encourage many replies.

Far too often I see non-descriptive comments expressing nothing, giving no opinion of the poster's, but an amused "Whau" or similar comment to the OP. Also commonly seen is a no-stance, like "What do you think". Too many one-liners expressing nothing.

It is what we do with the news that sets us apart from the rest of the world wide web, not necessarily what news items we post. So get busy and submit news and comments relevant to this community, put your own spin on it and above all get involved in your followup news discussions.

Excactly! That's why something gotta be done to non-descriptive one-liner comments. Don't know if it can be automated, but the old system of ATSN with submission approval secured the quality.

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inappropriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

A question to that: You are not bound by the news-link's headline?

Occasionally is also seen 'news' that have been up in other forums and thus not in appliance with the 48 hour rule when posted in News. I think a punishment, deducting of points should be enforced for such violations.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Here's an example on what I mean.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For new members the importance iof the rules governing the news forums should be impressed.

new topics

join