It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball movie clip (coast to coast)...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Let me try and shed some light on this.

The guy who posted it said it was a fireball video if you look at the post.

Have you ever seen fireballs rise up and up? I have. Just like that one.

I live in Soth East Asia and on the Mekong River at certain points you can almost guarantee that at certain times of the year you will see these fireballs, exactly like this one in the video. The clouds made this video look great but I've seen several of these in a cloudless sky and it took my breath away.

I had an article on this from the one single guy in the world who went and studied the phenomenon but I don't think I kept it. From what I remember it is due to plant life in the river, the depth of the water, the temperature etc interacting. Conditions must be just right. Unfortunately, China's insistence on damning the Mekong River is making changes to the river's plant life and depth further downstream in Laos, Thailand and Vietnam so the fireballs are becoming more rare. They are still a tourist attraction in this part of the world if you go to Thailand. Check it out on the internet and you'll see it along with some supernatural reasons put forward by the country folk who have grown up with this phenomena on their doorstep.

No UFO's or helicopters, just one of the rare and wonderful examples of nature.

Hope this helps

Don Maccy.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Actually, that is a meteor from a forced perspective. (coming from just above the horizon and petering out from just above the camera.) It seems like a rocket launch because of the perspective and the that it is seen through much cloud cover. Blazing meteors are not uncommon:

Such as this Mexico Meteor.

Different one:

News Report.

Note the way it enters the clouds in the last video. As for why it stops, most large meteors burn up well before they hit, usually due to violent heat fracturing. There were probably little chunks left in fields all around his farm. Here is a very famous one filed over a football game that disintegrates at the end.

HERE

The animal reactions are pretty common for meteoric events, as I understand it, but I can't seem to find a link to cite this at the moment.

As for the fence thing: Yes, it would be far better to fix during respectable hours, but the value and unpredictable nature of the animals means you do what you can as soon as possible. Many a time have I had to string barbed wire in the middle of the night to prevent cows from wandering a niegbors land.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Tristanus]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The old one...

Update:
Posted by TeslaandLyne, on October 1, 2008 at 13:48 GMT

I saw this years ago on youtube... something about camping and
seeing this.
Guess the dis info stories change.
On google video:
video.google.com...
Fireball? - 54 sec - Mar 3, 2007
I like the beam at the end.
The momentum beam lifts vertical to put the craft in hover.
Without proper landing gear the ship shorts out to ground.
Ow, that must make a bright light.
And the electrostatic balls that fly around to rescue the bright one.
So typical and not ball lightning but could be.
A million volt electrostatic source is possible through Tesla coils and
generator and does not mean that a million watts of energy need
be extended.

Yeah its all Tesla ship indicators.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by donmaccy

Have you ever seen fireballs rise up and up? I have. Just like that one.

I live in Soth East Asia and on the Mekong River at certain points you can almost guarantee that at certain times of the year you will see these fireballs, exactly like this one in the video. The clouds made this video look great but I've seen several of these in a cloudless sky and it took my breath away.

I had an article on this from the one single guy in the world who went and studied the phenomenon but I don't think I kept it. From what I remember it is due to plant life in the river, the depth of the water, the temperature etc interacting. Conditions must be just right. Unfortunately, China's insistence on damning the Mekong River is making changes to the river's plant life and depth further downstream in Laos, Thailand and Vietnam so the fireballs are becoming more rare. They are still a tourist attraction in this part of the world if you go to Thailand. Check it out on the internet and you'll see it along with some supernatural reasons put forward by the country folk who have grown up with this phenomena on their doorstep.

No UFO's or helicopters, just one of the rare and wonderful examples of nature.

It's not a meteor. Meteors don't last that long/travel that slowly - you should know that if you've really seen them as you claim. And yes, I've seen plenty of Earth grazers (meteors that shoot up from the horizon) before.

And before you start spreading ignorance about meteors, let me state for the record, that meteors have no connection with what is living in and arround a river!

Originally posted by Tristanus

Such as this Mexico Meteor.

That is not a meteor. It's been discussed and debunked here on ATS before. Meteors don't curve for starters. Also, even large, meteorite-dropping meteors are not luminous below a certain level (I think it's around 15km altitude). The atmospher that low is simply too thick, and slows down anything that makes it down that low which is not huge. To remain luminous, it would have to retain a substantial part of it's cosmic velocity - this only happens with meteors that are meters or more in diameter and weigh tonnes. If that were the case, not only would there be multiple sonic booms, but the impact would produce a massive crater, and we'd all know about it!

If you look at the video, the object is clearly below the clouds, and there's no way the clouds could be anywhere near 15km altitude. If it was above, the clouds would appear back-lit, and they are not. Therefore we can rule out meteors with certainty.

Originally posted by Tristanus
Different one:

News Report.

HERE

Both classic meteor footage... but, as I said before, look at the timings...

The last clip you posted is of the Peeskill meteor, and represents the longest event ever captured as far as I know. The Peeskill meteor was visible for around 45 seconds (if I remember correctly), and this was an extremely rare and slow fireball event.

The object in the OP's clip is visable for at least 53 seconds, and it only crosses a small portion of sky, where as the Peeskill fireball took 45 seconds to cross quite a large part of sky.
Quite simply, the numbers do not add up - it can't be a meteor. Meteors have a minimum velocity, and the object in the clip is way too slow to be a meteor.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join