It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of a UFO Researcher/Analyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
We just had the passing of a man who tirelessly searched for the truth in regards to Unidentified Flying Objects. Frame by frame he would investigate any and all bits of video and film brought to him for analysis. His talents of observation were used on both NASA and 1st hand witness's film, photo's and film. Even in his personal time, he would review and check over any media released material (IE: TV shows) that had any skyline shots and search for the elusive "UFO". Below I'm including the email I received from my friend Ruben Uriarte (State Director for Northern California MUFON) about the passing of Jeff Challender. I'm also including a link to Jeff's website so that you might too experience some of his great research.

PROJECT P.R.O.V.E.
www.projectprove.com...

Email Announcement

Hello dear friends,

This is very sad news and quite a shock. Jeff's wife Janet called me this morning to say Jeff died at 7:30 pm last night (Thursday night) while they were lieing in bed watching TV. He had a massive heart attack followed by a massive stroke. Janet called 911 immediately and according to her they came extremely fast but couldn't save him.

I don't know any more details about anything at this stage as I just got the call only two hours ago. I have called everyone here locally in our small ufo social group Jeff was a part of and everyone in the local MUFON group has been emailed. Janet had a good friend on her way over there to help out. I, and other local friends, will stay in touch with her to see what we can do and just lend emotional support. If we get anything definite about a funeral or memorial I will pass it along.

Below is an email Bob Wilson sent out to our local MUFON group which lists where to send condolence cards. Please feel free to let others know either through conversation or emailing.

With sadness,
Cynthia
Note: forwarded message attached.

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:33:39 -0700
Subject: Loss of Jeff Challender

We have sad news,

Jeff Challender, a main-stay of our local chapter of
MUFON for many years died Thursday evening Oct 4,
2007. Jeff is internationally know for his award
winning website www.projectPROVE.com. Jeff regularly
reviewed NASA video, frame by frame, looking for
anomalous activity on orbit in conjunction with
human-made spacecraft and posting this findings on the
website.

In 2006 Jeff won a EBE award at the 2007 International
UFO Congress' Convention & Film Festival in Laughlin,
Nevada for "Secret Space: What Is NASA Hiding?" about
UFO sightings in direct view of NASA Astronauts.

Sympathy cards can be sent to:
Janice Challender
Post Office Box 185
North Highlands, California 95660

The funeral has not been scheduled at this time.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That is very sad to hear. He will be missed!

May he rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Though I did not know him, I wish him well in his further journey. Reminds me talking about souls and stuff.

May his soul rest in peace.

join