It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions that came to mind while reading about "Aurora".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"Perhaps the most well-known event which provides evidence of such a craft's existence is the sighting of a triangular plane over the North Sea in August 1989 by oil-exploration engineer Chris Gibson."

"The aircraft which may have been seen over the North Sea could have been Northrop's A-17 stealth attack plane."

Source unknown.

Does anyone know if the A-17 was actually built, and more importantly, ever flown? I haven't heard too much about this aircraft, but if they were in the process of aerial refueling, I would think that they would be well beyond normal test flights.

Another question concerning aerial refueling for those in the area, does that happen very much (Have you ever seen it?) in the north-bay area of California? It is something that I have never seen before, but I have seen two large planes flying VERY close together. They were far away at the time, (Out over the ocean.) but I could still actually see two separate aircraft along with two separate contrails.

There are a few commercial airports (Both national, and International.) in the area, and I see commercial flights flying over all the time, but I would think that in no way would two commercial aircraft ever be flying that close to each other for that length of time. (I've seen aircraft cross paths before, but they were at different altitudes and going in different directions. Not at the same altitude, parallel to each other, and close enough that they might appear to be only one plane.)

I wish I had a pair of binoculars at the time, but it was the case that I was at my parents house and inside. My brother was outside, and yelled for me to come out quick and "Check this **** out!"

Had I known that it was an airplane he was looking at, I probably would have grabbed a set before going out, but after I got out there, I didn't want to go back in to get them fearing that they would be gone by the time I got back outside and I would have missed it.

"On 16 November 1998, a camcorder video was taken of a mysterious "fireball" in the sky. While this was very interesting, what was even more amazing was the aircraft which was seen shortly after flying at very high speed producing the mysterious "donuts-on-a-rope" contrails. Does this video, which is currently undergoing intense study at JPL, show the mysterious Aurora spyplane?"

Source unknown.

Does anyone know what video they are refering to, and where I may be able to view it? I haven't seen it before and am really interested.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americantrucker
Another question concerning aerial refueling for those in the area, does that happen very much (Have you ever seen it?) in the north-bay area of California?

Just for clarity, the triangular shaped craft was spotted in the North Sea area off of the UK.

The north bay area of California is host to several military sites (past and present) the most noteworth in your area would be Travis AFB which is still active. Transport aircraft are based there as well as tankers. But, I doubt that they would do a2a refuling directly over the Bay itself or over any highly populated areas.

join