It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterterrorism Officials Analyzing Islamic Web Post Warning of 'Special Gift'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

That's because the media are tightly controlled by the CIA. Proof is on Page 6 of this document: www.disclosureproject.org... There's probably a tad bit of confusion among the ranks regarding how to handle the whole boogeyman and fearmongery thing. They are divided over how to handle the false flag process.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by RiotComing]

This document, if in fact is legitimate, does not prove your claim. It does not at all suggest that the media is controlled by the CIA. What it does suggest is that the CIA WANTS to be able to control the message on stories concerning their ops.

Wanting to have control and actually being able to accomplish the goal are two completely different things.

Reporters seeking background on a story involving CIA ops would naturally contact the agency. In those cases they know full well that they will get the CIA "slant,"on the matter. What a good reported would do is to develop sources within the agency that they can go to for "off the record," or "deep background," information.

Those who believe the govt controls the American media have a lack of understanding what drives our media today. Oh don't get me wrong, I am not naive enough to think that truth is the goal. It is sadly not. But neither is it to promote the federal govts message. It is PROFIT. Plain and simple. They want to sell newspapers or advertising.

They are too lazy to do true investigative reporting as was done during Watergate. Now they give us what sells. They couldn't care less whether they are getting to the truth. They simply are selling a product.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So like when does faux "news" have any credibility?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Do we have any links to a source OTHER than fox news???

Or do they own everything yet??? It's been a year or two since I watched TV so I have no idea.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join