It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers in Iraq Guard Oil, but not museums or cultural centers of worth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I was recently told by a government contractor that oldiers in Iraq guard Oil, but not museums or cultural centers of worth. This has had catastrophic consequences to Iraq because looters have gone in and ravished all the public centers of cultural awareness like museums. Looters have gone in easily and stolen anything and everything of any worth whatsoever.

Here I have found some supporting links on the situation:

chronicle.uchicago.edu...

hnn.us...

I know this is how war goes, but one would think this could possibly be avoided.
It is a shame, but I am placing no blame, except of course on the looters themselves!

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is a total joke...

After a post like this, how could you even believe the "liberate Iraq" argument....

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very true. This is very public news, and I’m sure if you did a search of ATS you would actually find many articles relating to this, especially from (2003) when the tanks rolled into Baghdad.

I believe at once stage the 'oil ministry' had 24/7 surveillance whilst the Iraqi museums were being looted..

The imposing building in the Al-Mustarisiya quarter is guarded by around 50 US tanks which block every entrance, while sharpshooters are positioned on the roof and in the windows.

www.smh.com.au...

Whats worth more 'in gold'? 2million barrels of oil each day, or some old Babylon relics.

If you do a search in ATS about your subject matter Im sure you will find much information, a hell of alot more than your/my article.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Certainly telling, isn't it? Oil guarded by that much military strength while the rest of the country is in shambles. So why did the US invade Iraq again?

new topics

top topics

join