It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I lay me down to sleep..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Does anyone ever suffer from sleep paralysis?

Sometimes when I get into bed, I close my eyes and fall into an extremely deep sleep within seconds. I am still semi-concious (I think) and I cannot move or scream at all. It is usually accompanied by a constant sound that gets louder & louder (like a scream or someone yelling). There is also this fear of impending doom over me

It is the most horrible feeling. Sometimes it happens 4 times a night before I get to sleep for good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically, does anyone know about what causes it? My mom suffers from them too, but she says that there are things under her bed & they are pulling on her hair

Please help

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think you should get a psychologist to help you. But not one of those old fashioned, newtonian based ones. Because they're still left behind...

One that practises NLP or hypnosis or anything similar that works.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I had this once and it was Really scarey!!

I cant imagin how you cope with this 4 times a night!!!

i would seek help from the doc..

also try relaxing music, ect ....

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe once about every 2 months.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Sound like someone slippin ya a roofie!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
thats not realy unnormal that happends to alot of people..

wish it would happen to me again cuss i felt soo stoned
!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Herr Doktor says it's fairly common. It's easily dealt with- see a psychologist. I think that something like between 15-30% of the population have it. Don't worry, don't dread it.

DE

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
God, I didnt know what it was..........
But , when I researched it , I WAST abducted, I wasnt attacted by a demon(thank god), ANDDDDDDDDDD I realized The potential of SP.
heres a website to make it short.
Use it and learn it........

Its a gift when you understand the vibrations....
www.mysticweb.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for all the advice and info

Does anyone know if it is hereditary? My mom suffers from them too

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Virgo
Does anyone ever suffer from sleep paralysis?

Sometimes when I get into bed, I close my eyes and fall into an extremely deep sleep within seconds. I am still semi-concious (I think) and I cannot move or scream at all. It is usually accompanied by a constant sound that gets louder & louder (like a scream or someone yelling). There is also this fear of impending doom over me

I get that a lot. When it happens the first time during an attempt at sleeping, do everything you can to get your butt out of bed or off the couch. Make yourself walk around the room or take a trip to the kitchen or something. It will clear your mind so that you will be more likely not to have a recurrence when you go back to sleep. It's so hard for me to do that because the sleep paralysis usually happens when I am waaaaaaay over-tired and sometimes I just can't muster the will to get up for a few minutes. But if I don't... it just keeps happening.

If you can't make yourself get up, try touching your face or changing your position.

Also, if you are aware while it is happening that it is sleep paralysis, force your mind to recognize that it is just the s.p. that is giving you this sense of dread. Once you strip the dread of its power to wig you out, you kind of chase it out, even if only for the night.

I've read that it is hereditary.

Good luck & sweet dreams!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hey Virgo, sleep paralysis may posibly hereditary...

read this webpage is quite helpful :-

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

...hope it helps

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is actually quite common. I recommend first lightweight meditation before sleep to calm you; if that does not help solve the problem, start thinking about professional help. With any luck there is at least one sleep-oriented doctor in your area.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You could also try some kind of aromatherapy, it works for some people. Lavendar is what I usually use to go to sleep.

SP happened to me a few times. The first time I remember distinctly because I was in the 5th(?) grade at the time. I didn't know what the hell happened, but I went to school and told everyone. I got sent to guidance for that! I guess that's just what happens when you go to a Catholic school and try to convince people in the existance of ghosts and aliens and all that fun stuff and question them on religion.
Ah... teachers hated me

new topics

top topics

join