It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM May Debut 60,000 Volt Electric Cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

General Motors may build as many as 60,000 Volt electric cars for their inaugural year on the market.

Production at that level may allow GM to sell the plug-in Volt for less than $30,000.
"If they were able to get 30,000 to 60,000 on the road in a year, it would be a huge leap in technology," said Brett Smith, an alternative-fuel analyst at the Center for Automotive Research.

The Volt is charged at a household outlet and uses an on-board engine to generate electricity when the battery runs down during travel. The engine, powered by gasoline, diesel or a hydrogen fuel cell, only recharges the battery and doesn't drive the wheels.

SOURCE:
Seattle Times

This is pretty cool, and I hope this goes through.

Electric cars like this as well as Hybrids are in my opinion the future of automobiles.

With the many advancements in Lithium-Ion batteries in recent years I can see GM
being able to do this by 2015.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

Well makes sense. Although I wonder what the hold up is considering they had the technology over 10 years ago and then they decided to pull every car and kill the project. But in any case, im all for proper electric cars.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iori_komei

[edit on 8/24/2007 by darkbluesky]

new topics

join