It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Soshtak predicts Alien contact by 2025!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi all,
I was just watching the Discovery Channel in the UK (18/08/2007) and a program called Alien Contact Investigated. Most of it is trying to give a human perspective on sightings and faking crop circles etc. BUT right near the end they show the SETI project and a a short Interview with Seth. The narrators says that Seth is making a prediction for the first time exclusively for this program.

What follows is Seth saying that he predicts an alien signal being detected before 2025, what really surprised me is he states it will be more like 2020 and 2025!!! why such a precise and narrow time frame?

I have never heard him say this out public and this is very very significant. I remember Steven Greer saying a year or so ago that a senior SETI member has told him about SETI receiving a alien signal and the governmentbloking the signal.

WHY HAS SETH SAID WHAT HE HAS AND GIVEN A DATE. IS THIS WHEN DISCLOSURE WILL TAKE PLACE AND THE POWERS TO BE ARE PREPARING US! (sorry for shouting)

[edit on 18-8-2007 by ironfist]

cjb

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfist
Hi all,
I was just watching the Discovery Channel in the UK (18/08/2007) and a program called Alien Contact Investigated. Most of it is trying to give a human perspective on sightings and faking crop circles etc. BUT right near the end they show the SETI project and a a short Interview with Seth. The narrators says that Seth is making a prediction for the first time exclusively for this program.

What follows is Seth saying that he predicts an alien signal being detected before 2025, what really surprised me is he states it will be more like 2020 and 2025!!! how precise and such a exact time frame?

I have never heard him say this out public and this is very very significant. I remember Steven Greer saying a year or so ago that a senior SETI member has told him about SETI receiving a alien signal and the governmentbloking the signal.

WHY HAS SETH SAID WHAT HE HAS AND GIVEN A DATE. IS THIS WHEN DISCLOSURE WILL TAKE PLACE AND THE POWERS TO BE ARE PREPARING US! (sorry for shouting)

Given that he has no evidence whatsoever to make any such claim, 2025 sounds like the date that lost soul must be retiring, and so if you can just give seti a few more million until then..........

[edit on 18-8-2007 by cjb]

[edit on 18-8-2007 by cjb]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think you're getting all worked up for nothing. The guy's gotta say SOMETHING to keep his investors money coming in. Hell, I could predict alien contact within the next 15 years. Does that get you all excited as well?!?!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
MrChips NO you don't get me excited

Since Frank Drake made the SETI institute, any claims of when a signal will be made have always been we will find a signal, it could be today, tomorrow, next year ten years, fifty years etc etc.

The argument about money is no longer a problem The Alan project is funded by the one of the Microsoft Billionaires and he has provided millions to them. So money is not a argument to say that Seth is keeping investors interested.

I brought this here to say I've never heard Seth say such a thing, when disclosure is brought up, they put Seth on TV saying I don't think alien are here, bla bla bla.

IS this goingto be a change of attitude by SETI, have they got a signal and been give a date of when formal contact will be made

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I found this piece from a couple of years ago in which Shostak expressed hope at finding something in the next 20 years. That's certainly not as specific a date as his latest comment but is still basically the same time frame. Obviously, this is what he's felt for a while now and does not appear to stem from anything very recent or sudden. I get the impression this is purely opinion and speculation on his part so my guess would be the same about his statement on the show.

blogs2.nationalgeographic.com...

This is a quote from the link that I provided:

So the race is on. It could be that all contenders will be scratched, and we will fail to find life of any kind with these efforts. On the other hand, I’m betting that at least one of the horses will cross the finish line in the next 20 years. Which one? Wait and see.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi trek315,

thanks for the link an interesting read, I just find it strange for him to make a statement on a documentary, I have seen him on TV before and side step questions asking for a time scale. The article is about some horse crossing the line BUT the TV claim .. suggests to me that SETI will be making that discovery.

They have the funding, the telescopes and resource to monitor the sky's 24/7

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bear in mind that in order to broadcast a signal the civilization in question must have enough excess energy to power a very strong active signal on the order of at least a few gigawatts.

From Wiki

For pre-Type I civilizations, it may be too costly to attempt contact with other more advanced civilizations because of the energy output needed. It has been predicted that in order to provide a reliable contact beacon of sufficient power to be noticeable to a Type II civilization, a beacon must output such high energy levels that the cost would be around $1 billion per year in energy.

However, as it notes in the article, this cost is for an omnidirectional beacon, so it may be possible to reduce this cost. I don't see any one government on Earth approving even a reduced cost active signal, especially since they cut the funding for even a passive search.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Who is Seth?
Aliens will be here in 2025? some of us knew they were here a long time ago,good prediction

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Keops, the thread is called Seth Shostak predicts Alien contact by 2025, meaning a ET signal reaching earth by that time frame and being recognised as such.

Seth is the main spokesperson for the SETI project. just do a google search and fill ya boots.

I know WE think or some may think they are alreadyhere BUT this is an official statement from a world renowned project making a claim of it. I was thinking it was more like setting the time line up for disclosure but not in any time soon..

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know that NASA/SETI (can't remember who) has a whole flotilla of probes/telescopes going up there around 2012+

They are going to be far more advanced in their signal detection capabilities that anything we have at the moment... umm... obviously

And so with all that new processing/detection capability it is going to be an exciting time for the SETI folks - kind of a 'now-or-never' thing.

But then I believe it was Michio Kaku who was recently quoted as saying something to effect of 'how do we know they haven't detected us first?'

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The reason he says 2025 is because he hopes the ATA will be complete with 350 dishes.

by 2025 he hopes to have surveyed 1 million stars for extraterrestrial signals with enough sensitivity to detect an Arecibo radar out to 300 pc within the range of 1 to 10 GHz .

While 1 million is still only a fraction of the stars in the galaxy its a big enough sample to detect a signal if technological civs are as common as Seth thinks they are.

Personally ill wait for the results of kepler/corot before indulging in such optimistic forecasts

[edit on 20-8-2007 by yeti101]

top topics

join