It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? and has anyone ever seen one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I saw this odd looking trailer on the street in my neighborhood. Nobody I have talked to knows what it is. It looks like some kind of conservatory on wheels, at least thats my best guess. I have no idea what it is and haven't been able to find anything remotely similar online. I'm not saying it neccessarily has conspiracy undertones, but it is very odd looking.

link to full sized image

(edit to resize large image)

[edit on 14-8-2007 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That is the hobby astronomer's wet dream right there... Of course there is a telescope in there, and that unit is for going way out into the wilderness in the high mountains and getting a good view of the stars, wherever the clouds are not...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think you are right Iron Dog. I want one! So have you heard of these things before or seen one before? I am very interested in placing a note on this guys trailer and finding out more about it, not to mention how to make or get one if it is what we think it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Although I cant find anything to answer your question directly, it appears from Google searching that it is quite common for people to have large telescopes and transport them around using a trailer. Perhaps this is just a really nice custom one.

I'm gonna go with portable observatory.

www.waid-observatory.com...

www.observatorycentral.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm with you Vipassana, but holy cow that first picture from observatory.com looks so photoshopped! But I have to wholeheartedly agree that it must be exactly that. Truly amazing though! I really, really want one!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"Hey, quit moving around up there!"

I would love one of those. I would have to put some kind of stabilizer, like the ones you see on cranes. Those legs that lift the vehicles wheels off the ground, that thing is so cool.

top topics

join