It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 missing after two-day Kashmir arms depot blaze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

25 missing after two-day Kashmir arms depot blaze

in.reuters.com

SRINAGAR, India (Reuters) - Twenty-five people, including 10 soldiers and 13 firefighters, are missing two days after a large fire broke out in an army ammunition depot in Kashmir, a senior army official said on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It says two militant groups have claimed responsibility, yet the authorities say "Terrorist action or sabotage is categorically ruled out"

How can they draw that conclusion when they admit they are still investigating, and can't get in close enough to do a proper examination?

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Found this article right after, which to me, re-enforces the fact that they cannot rule anything out yet.

in.reuters.com...

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Mekanic]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Because they say they know where it started.

25 still missing

Asked about the cause of the incident, he said preliminary investigation has revealed that there was a fire accident inside shed number 16 where Major Tarun Kumar and six jawans had gone.

The fire spread to a nearby shed housing white phosphorus which led to a chain of explosions.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks for that link. It also says in there that the cause of the initial fire is still unknown. However, that they mention the high security and the inability to fire something in there helps to answer my question. I'm wondering if somebody got caught having a cig? Time will tell, the hazards need to be removed first.

top topics

join