It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question on Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Jesus is the Son of God right? In the holy trinity, it is said that God, the Son and the Holy Ghost are one in the same right? So, why did Jesus need to pray with God? Why did he question God's plan?

Wouldn't it also be his own plan? Wouldn't he actually be praying to himself?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess it's like the Federal Government. One unit with semi-autonomous subunits.

BUT

You have to realize we're talking about the Godhead here, and not everything it does may make sense to mere mortals.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
You have to realize we're talking about the Godhead here, and not everything it does may make sense to mere mortals.

That, I'll agree with.

This is not directed at you uberarcanist...

This is for everyone. I will not tolerate Christianity bashing in this thread. Nor any other religion. This is just a question ment for discussion.

I just want that out of the way before it happens.

[edit on 8/8/2007 by Griff]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Jesus is the Son of God right? In the holy trinity, it is said that God, the Son and the Holy Ghost are one in the same right? So, why did Jesus need to pray with God? Why did he question God's plan?

Wouldn't it also be his own plan? Wouldn't he actually be praying to himself?

Even Christians argue over the trinity doctrine, the triune God has its roots in paganism and platonic philosophy also there is the HIndu
Trimurti.
www.thaiwebsites.com...(2).jpg

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Even Christians argue over the trinity doctrine, the triune God has its roots in paganism and platonic philosophy also there is the HIndu
Trimurti.

Isn't it strange that all through history the number 3 has been the magic number? I know what you are talking about with the pagan Goddess. The maid, the mother and the crone all being the same but in different times of her life. Or something like that.

Thanks for the replies all. I hope I didn't scare anyone away by saying no Christian bashing.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, look at it this way. 1+2=3. If that's not proof of a divine plan for the universe, I don't know what is...furthermore triangles are a remarkably stable polygon and all polygons can be broken down into triangles.

If our ancestors saw "black triangles", the importance of the number 3 would become even further cemented.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Think of it this way, how much in contact are you with your subconscious mind? Not very... but you can influence it and commune with it via meditation.

Thats pretty much what was going on, but on a more abstract level.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Well, look at it this way. 1+2=3. If that's not proof of a divine plan for the universe, I don't know what is...furthermore triangles are a remarkably stable polygon and all polygons can be broken down into triangles.

Ahhh. A mathmatician. I likey. Don"t get me started on the pyramids and how much I would love to study them.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Think of it this way, how much in contact are you with your subconscious mind? Not very... but you can influence it and commune with it via meditation.

Thats pretty much what was going on, but on a more abstract level.

Thanks for that. That is about the most intellectual way I have ever heard it. And it even makes sense to me. Wow. You got a WATS from me if they still gave them. I'm not joking or being sarcastic. Thanks for that. It's an angle I hadn't thought of before.

P.s. I did at least give you a star.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Griff]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
God did make man in his image....wow i am impressed with quazga i mean wow no one has actually said that randomly unless they've been told by someone who's done research or something truly great has happened to them it indeed is true there are three parts to a body mainly to the soul but called the mind and it explians the trinity quite well....also Christ himself says he will send the comforter.....baptize in the name of the father son and holy spirit.....see those are the little sparks of truth that dictate the trinity to be real

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The ultimate humility goes something like this:

If you look at your body and you see yourself wearing a plumber's uniform complete with plumber's ID badge, plumber's toolbelt and custom plumber's cap, it behooves you to consider the possibility that in all likelihood you are, well, a plumber.

Jesus, that is to say God in the flesh, that is to say God wearing humanity's subordinate bone and sinew trappings with all of its lower level glories, imperfections, foibles, weaknesses, mortality, and constraints of physical laws, thought that His wearing of such a human body must be for a humanly comprehensible reason.

Therefore any further thought or conversation on the matter, either to Himself or to anyone else, must be on that humanly comprehensible level of understanding, at least until He found himself not wearing a human body any longer.

Remember the old story of the king who would don peasants clothing and mingle with the poor just to get an idea of what their life was like? If someone came up to him at that point and unceremoniously shoved his ass up against a stone wall, would it be wise for that king to summon his army to throw that man into prison?

That would not only blow his cover, but negate the very reason for his being with the poor in the first place.

No, that king would show restraint and limit himself in the use of his powers because he was now dressed as and mingling with the peasants.

Now if the tax collector suddenly came up to him and said, "I am here to collect taxes for your king", and everyone else was digging into their pockets to hand over a coin or two, the king is going to do the exactly the same even though he knows they are his taxes. He is going to reach into his pocket and give an amount of taxes consistant with his attire and perceived level in that poorman's society.

So God found Himself in the form of a man and in the spirit of that form, He looked up to heaven as a Son would and called on God His Father.

An interesting point to consider here is that, it is not the rational thought processes that have extracted the philosophical or doctrinal viewpoint that God is a Trinity, but rather it is the grammar (and the rules of grammar) used in biblical text that leads to an inescapable (that means none other is available) conclusion that God is appearing to man in more than two forms yet less than four forms. Man invented the term 'Trinity'. The grammar used in the bible in reference to God fits inside the notions engendered by that term, but I point out that God is neither the term nor is constrained by it.

Furthermore, the concepts of family, husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughter, baby, child, infant, brother, sister, did not exist before Adam and Eve. Those ideas and concepts were strictly revealed to man by God after man was created, as a natural part of his inbuilt understanding and vocabularly. Therefore, to try to reason about the nature of God by working backwards from the human worldwiew using those humanized terms is, to my way of thinking, a dead end.

I hope this helps clarify things for you.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by thisnamenotinuse]

top topics

join