It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine fever outbreak hits Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Swine fever outbreak hits Romania

news.bbc.co.uk

The Romanian authorities have ordered the slaughter of 20,000 pigs after an outbreak of swine fever at a farm in the west of the country.
All farms in Timis county belonging to Smithfield Foods - one the largest US meat processors - will be inspected for signs of infection, officials say.

Road checks have been set up in the area to prevent the movement of meat.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
First the foot and mouth outbreak in the UK now an outbreak of swine fever amongst pigs in Romania. What the hell is going on. Any links between both theout breaks?

Why does this smell like someone is up to something.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You can't just start blaming this on someone first off. This could be a natural phenomena. However, since China has been sending us corrupted products filled with chemicals or other hazardous material, you can start blaming China. Terrorists are the second people on the list.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In Australia there has been news report after news report of this outbreak and that outbreak.

In the space of a few months there has been a polio "outbreak", a fatal flu "outbreak", a gastro "outbreak", they've been covering foot n mouth "outbreak" alot and now this one in Romania.

I've been thinking there have been an usual amount of these so-called "outbreaks" recently -- something to keep an eye on for sure

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Rolling Stone had an article about the conditions at Smithfield pig farms...to say that conditions there are appalling is a dramatic understatement...I blame cutting corners on this outbreak.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.promedmail.org...:1000:3937628031536444622:::::

PRO/AH/EDR> Rabies, jackals, human - Azerbaijan
PRO/AH/EDR> Foot & mouth disease, bovine - UK (England)(04)
PRO/AH/EDR> Swine fever, classical - Romania: susp.
PRO/AH/EDR> Cytauxzoonosis, feline - USA (MS)

Latest Information on Anthrax always a treat to read .. Some catch up reading ..
Lunch anyone ......pass for me just coffee today . Top site for daily updates . Cheers from OZ ...

sty

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello,
I am a Romanian myself - very strange that the newspapers do not talk about this event. During my last 2 years I was working for the Department of Agriculture , it seems that the root of the problem is actually the extreme intense exploatation of the animals that decreased the imune sistem capacity. Ilneses that were here for long time will now have a strange impact as the animals cannot defend themselves anymore.. hope it explains a little

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You can't just start blaming this on someone first off. This could be a natural phenomena. However, since China has been sending us corrupted products filled with chemicals or other hazardous material, you can start blaming China. Terrorists are the second people on the list.

You do know, both of those companies involved in both the Foot and Mouth outbreak, and the Swine outbreak in Romania are US Owned?

All farms in Timis county belonging to Smithfield Foods - one the largest US meat processors - will be inspected for signs of infection, officials say. Also the labs invovled in the outbreak in the UK are US owned.

So Im not blaming no one but its jus a coinscidence, maybe the security procedures at either processing plants or Labs should be checked.

Hello,
I am a Romanian myself - very strange that the newspapers do not talk about this event. During my last 2 years I was working for the Department of Agriculture , it seems that the root of the problem is actually the extreme intense exploatation of the animals that decreased the imune sistem capacity. Ilneses that were here for long time will now have a strange impact as the animals cannot defend themselves anymore.. hope it explains a little

Thanks for the info Sty, do you know at all how many animals have been culled sofar?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Any links between both out breaks?

Why does this smell like someone is up to something.

Ummm... hate to point out the obvious...

INDUSTRIALLY MONOCROPPED LIVESTOCK IN TIGHT PENS TAGGED WITH PESTICIDES, EXPOSED TO BLEACH REGULARLY, INJECTED WITH HORMONES, EATING TRUCKED IN SYNTHETICALLY FERTILIZED FEED.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's strange that both incidents involve American owned companies.

very odd.

top topics

join