It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw a Triangle in South Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I guess it was probably a TR3B, nothing special, but I'd like to share what I saw anyway.

My girlfriend and I were driving South to West Palm Beach on I-95, Friday, June 15, 2007. It was about 12:45 AM when we were just South of Port Saint Lucie. I saw two bright white lights together in the distance above the highway. There was also a faint strobe light.

We kept driving towards it. The lights weren't moving or were moving slowly. Within in a minute or two we drove underneath it. I looked up through the front windshield and saw three lights in a shape of a triangle. I slowed down, but I didn't completely stop because I didn't want to cause an accident if it was only a plane.

My girlfriend rolled down her window and stuck her head out to get a better look. She said she saw a clear triangle shaped craft and drew this. I didn't see the craft, only the lights. There was also no noise, other than the wind.

My phone was dead and she didn't have her camera. I wanted to turn around, but it was a grass ditch between the two sides of the road. It was her car so I didn't attempt going off road. We kept looking back at it and it was still there moving slowly North. I say slowly, she says "it wasn't that slow."

I have no estimate of how high or how large it was. All I can say is that it was not low to the ground and it was well above the trees.

Of course now I wish I stopped. On one hand I hope it's a military craft so I won't be mad that I didn't stop. On the other I like to think I saw an alien, though the strobe light leads me to believe it was military.

There was also plenty of traffic around. The Turnpike was nearby and there was traffic there as well. So, I've been waiting the last two weeks for other reports to surface, but no luck so far.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by -Jaguar-]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I wish I found this site sooner. Should I send in a request for the tapes and voice for that date and time? I don't know why. I'm sure it will come up blank. Even if I did send in a request do I actually tell them it's because I saw a UFO. I feel dumb.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am going to guess, that what you saw is an MD-80 class aircraft heading north from the Miami area. The description seems to fit, the drawing certainly fits, and they can be pretty quite when at 10K feet, especially in a moving car which is making noise. MD-80/DC-9 type aircraft are responsible for a large number of your “Black Triangle” sightings.

[edit on 6/26/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
WARRG why do you people still believe in such thing as a TR-3B.

Triangles do manouvers not explanable by human science nor possible by our science, the explanation for the TR-3B is pathetic actually if you look at it.

These are not of us.

You can see perfect black triangles in satelite pictures on the mars

MD-80

You must be kidding or something, he said BRIGHT LIGHTS not narrow lights.

No plane emits bright lights like the explaned exerpt on a camera with lots of distortion.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
I guess it was probably a TR3B, nothing special, but I'd like to share what I saw anyway.

Thanks, that's a respectable report, and I not that you are careful about drawing conclusions, which is laudable.

I'm not sure that I'd say that a TR3B is nothing special. I haven't seen any actual solid evidence that they exist.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker

MD-80

You must be kidding or something, he said BRIGHT LIGHTS not narrow lights.

No plane emits bright lights like the explaned exerpt on a camera with lots of distortion.

OMG, how could I have been so wrong in all my years of working the ramp at a major airport! All that time I thought I was working on aircraft, when here I was actually working on alien spacecraft!!!!

Thanks for straightening out that misconception on my part.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well if it would have been me I would have put on the blinker and pulled over. How many times do you get to see a UFO, not very often.

It may have been ET but im bettin it was a plane.

Why would an Alien have blinking lights? Trying to be cool or something, I dont think the aliens care about being cool. They just flew light speed thats cool enough.

edit: why would they even have lights?

[edit on 26-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
maybe it ws a top secret black project or posibily a stealth b2/f111

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've seen the same thing; The black triangle I saw was hovering completely silent about 50 feet over the tree tops and didn't move.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Or maybe it was a vehicle from another planet that just doesn't belong to us.
That's what black triangles behave like.

Isn't any special either is it? since it's been reported over and over.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
many many people report UFO's to be triangle shaped! you might have seen an alien aircraft!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I am going to guess, that what you saw is an MD-80 class aircraft heading north from the Miami area. The description seems to fit, the drawing certainly fits, and they can be pretty quite when at 10K feet, especially in a moving car which is making noise. MD-80/DC-9 type aircraft are responsible for a large number of your “Black Triangle” sightings.

An MD-80 at 10,000 ft would not have large circular lights as reported by the witness. They would be nothing but faint pinpoints of lights. As you can see from the drawing in the opening post, the diameter of the lights make up a noticeable proportion of the triangle's area - they are actually circular and not simply pinpoints.

This is wholly consistent with other sightings of flying black triangles over the years - upstate NY in the 1980's, the Belgium sightings from 1989-1991, and more recently and notably, the Phoenix Lights in 1997 - that is, the one that occurred between 8-9 PM in which people actually witnessed a craft almost mile wide, not the later sightings at 10 PM, which were most likely flares released by the military.

The Belgium sightings were extraordinary because in one instance after a report to the police, they contacted the Belgium AirForce - who subsequently picked it up on radar. They scrambled a couple of F-16s to chase the UFOs. This chased lasted over an 1 hr, and everytime the F-16s locked on with their radar, the UFO would speed up and escape their lock-ons (pretty amazing given that F-16s are probably the fastest and most agile aircrafts around.) The F-16s radars also picked up the UFOs pulling incredible accelerations from 200 mph to thousands of miles per hour within a couple of seconds - during which they dove from about 10,000 ft in altitude down to almost ground level. These are acrobatic feats that our current technology can not match. Also, no sonic booms were ever heard as well.

In Phoenix, similar sightings occurred in 1997. In this case, the black triangles were absolutely enormous. They flew over neighborhoods and many witnesses described them to be almost a mile wide.

The notion that these UFOs are MD80 are crazy.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is pretty much exactly what we saw as well as most of the other triangle videos like Belgium one. It was two extrmely bright white lights, then it only became three when we got right under it. The lights were equally spaced. The only difference is I seem to remember the lights being a more orange color when we were under it.

So, the consesus here is that there is no TR3B?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So, the consesus here is that there is no TR3B?

I never speak for the consensus, but I think Edgar Fouche's claim that if you take mercury under absurd pressures and very low temperatures and spin it very fast, you antigravity is just so much physics abuse. By giving such extreme parameters and no underlying physical theory he makes it almost impossible to falsify.

However, the burden of proof is on those who claim that the TR-3B exists, and I haven't seen any evidence.

I think the guy has been disinformed. Just a little more noise out there to protect the real classified aircraft.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MachXX
An MD-80 at 10,000 ft would not have large circular lights as reported by the witness. They would be nothing but faint pinpoints of lights. As you can see from the drawing in the opening post, the diameter of the lights make up a noticeable proportion of the triangle's area - they are actually circular and not simply pinpoints.

Actually the drawing looks exactly like an MD-80/DC-9, which is why that is what I say it appears to be. Aircraft are required to turn on their landing lights whenever they proceed below 10K feet, and believe me they are not faint pinpoints of light at that point. The wingtip lights on an MD-80 are at least as bright, if not brighter, then Venus on a clear night, they are separated by the entire length of the wing so they appear separate over long distances, and are bright enough to be visible for at least 50 miles, if not longer distances, depending on the visibility conditions at the time.

I suggest learning something about aircraft before you try and educate me on the subject.

This is wholly consistent with other sightings of flying black triangles over the years

Yes, and many of those are misidentified aircraft as well. Problem is that there are a lot of folks out there who want to see an UFO, and they are not very objective in their sightings. Now I am not saying that about the OP in particular, but rather of UFOlogists in general. It has happened multiple times on this site, since I have been here. In this instance the OP even admits that he was able to see some kind of rotating beacon on the aircraft as well.

The notion that these UFOs are MD80 are crazy.

I am not saying that every single one is an MD-80, but a lot of them are.

Here is some poor guy who saw an MD-80, and he is trying his hardest to justify that it was in fact a black triangle aircraft, pretty sad really: MD-80 vs Black triangle. The main problem in his thesis is that they don’t always have all those little side lights on, and often they are not working. Those lights are not part of the Nav Light system, they are there to light up ramp access points and logos, and not required by the FAA for the aircraft to be flying. Some of these lights are only turned on a certain distance from the airport, such as logo lights, which is determined by the pilot based on his company’s procedures.

A prime example is that some airlines will turn on their tail logo lights when landing, some will turn them on during taxi to the gate, and some don’t turn them on at all. Since 911, where people are no longer allowed to greet their family members at the gate, there is little reason to even use the logo lights when pulling in anymore as there is no one at the gate to see them, and they cost money to maintain. Sometimes they can be used so the marshalling agents know which flight is which to get them parked at the correct gate, but that is only needed if there are several flights arriving in rapid succession. It would not surprise me in the least to find out that many airlines don’t even use them anymore.

But it didn’t make any noise…
Noise is not an accurate indicator of whether something is an aircraft or not. Noise is a funny thing with aircraft, it is dependant on a number of factors including:
A) Distance.
B) Atmospheric Conditions.
C) Relative Angle between the Observer and the Aircraft.
D) Engine Type.
E) Engine Condition (Especially Cowling Patches).
F) Engine Sound Baffling.

The loudest engines are the older ones, doubly so if they have a cowling patch which makes a loud ripping, or ringing noise as the blades pass over it. Now with noise being a bigger factor with folks and their property values, engines are getting much quieter. Also engines tend to make the most noise when you are facing the back end of them, they can be extremely quiet from the sides or the front. Then the atmosphere makes it even trickier as it has a great effect on the noise produced. The same aircraft can fly in the same area with all the same conditions, and the noise be vastly different based solely on the temperature, humidity, wind direction, and so on. On a cold dry night an engine is going to be much noisier then when its humid or warm out. Perhaps I can get someone like Essan in here to explain that aspect of it better. As far as I have been told, there can also be thermal layers in the atmosphere which can trap sound to a degree, much like they do with submarines in the oceans.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thanks defcon, it seems possible. I don't recall seeing any of those minor lights. Also it seemed slow, which I guess doesn't mean a whole lot. If anything it was leaving PBI, which was 20 to 30 miles away. It was definetly heading North away from the airport. Would the lights be one for the lights to be on that long? I hate to doubt my girlfriend when she says she saw a triangular physical object, not just the lights.

I'm going back there in month. I'll head back out to that area during the week a couple times at the same time and see if I can possibly catch the same thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I don't recall seeing any of those minor lights.

Many of those lights would not be visible over any major distance if they were even working, and turned on to begin with. Some of the lights in the website I linked above are simply reflections on the fuselage, and would very according to the color of the aircraft, and how recently it had been polished. On an MD-80 or DC-9 you will generally see two major forward lights from a distance, unless it has its nose gear down, then you would see three. As it got closer the rear facing logo lights on the sides behind the cockpit would make another set of possible lights making your triangle with the gear being up. If the gear were down then you would see an extra set of lights if under the plane, but not if in front of the plane where you would still see three.

One other tricky thing that many folks don’t realize about aircraft lights is that many of them are directional, meaning they have this little hood over them that only becomes visible at certain angles.

Also it seemed slow, which I guess doesn't mean a whole lot.

Yeah over distance and especially if your driving in a car, speed is very difficult to judge. I am sure that you are aware of the optical illusion of a plane hovering in place when you’re traveling at the right speed in the opposite direction.

If anything it was leaving PBI, which was 20 to 30 miles away.

Yes there are several airports along the coast there, and some military bases. Almost any of those airports can support a DC-9 as it’s one of the smallest commercial airliners. Also many smaller aircraft have similar three light configurations.

Would the lights be one for the lights to be on that long?

Aircraft have to keep those landing lights on until they are allowed to proceed above ten thousand feet. They could be making a short hop from Miami to West Palm or any of those other airports along that coast, and be staying under 10K feet the entire time. It’s hard to say how long, since that is determined by the route and ATC, but it is possible for a flight to make an entire trip under 10K feet.

I hate to doubt my girlfriend when she says she saw a triangular physical object, not just the lights.

I used to work over there around PSL, and I would drive on those expressways a lot at night, one thing I can say for certain is that its darn dark in that area at night. Fort Pierce, Stuart, Port St Lucie, and that whole area is not a very big city and its more toward the ocean, so there is not much light pollution around that expressway. The mind has the tendency to connect the dots between bright lights on a dark background, same as it tends to make images and faces out of clouds, smoke, inkblots, etc. It is entirely possible that she thought she saw a triangle, but knowing how dark the sky is there, I would find it hard to believe that you could see any silhouette there at night.

Again I am not saying for sure that this is what you saw, but it is one possibility of what you saw. There is a lot of research and military in that area, as its near the Cape. If you ever get a chance to look at an airmap of the state you would be surprised how much restricted airspace there is for military testing.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Just thought I would add that another jet that is common in that area is the Coast Guards Falcon Jets, which they use to monitor the channels in that area late at night using down swept surface radar. They look somewhat similar to a small DC-9, though I am not sure what their wingtip lights look like.

That area is renowned for having nocturnal illegal activity, which involves small boats coming into those channels in the wee hours of the morning. The Coast Guard also runs a Tethered Aerostat Radar System somewhere over in that area, which while it does not look like what you described, is often reported to be a UFO as both it and its tether have to be lit.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
MachXX, we are not talking about Triangular craft doing absolutely amazing maneuvers in the sky. We are talking about a set of three lights above a car that -Jaguar- and his girlfriend saw. There was no amazing maneuvers, nor photographics, nor _ANY_ comment on amazing maneuvers.

No, the notion that _THE_ UFO was an MD80 is not crazy. The notion that all triangular craft doing amasing maneuvers is crazy... and _NOONE_ suggested that.

The loudest engines are the older ones, doubly so if they have a cowling patch which makes a loud ripping, or ringing noise as the blades pass over it.

To add.... The 717 which is basically a HIGHLY modified DC-9-40 is inaudible... even when it's above you. They are not powered by big jet engies.... but engines which go on _SMALL_ buisness jets.

I agree with you completely that the TR-3b obviously does not exist... and that there difinately are very, very, very weird craft out there.

[edit on 27/6/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

top topics

join