It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NASA close to revealing the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I actually believe that NASA and others are trying to slowly acclimate the world to the existence of the crafts in space AND within our own atmosphere. The press, especially FOX news has began to report on things that just a few years ago, you would only see in tabloids.
Possibly they believe something big is about to happen, something they know they wont be able to hide or cover up and by slowly getting us used to the idea that they are indeed there, then maybe widespread panic wont set in and escalate out of control..
Our day will come and when it does I will be way to excited and happy to jump on the "I told you so" wagon

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think if NASA disclosed, their organisation would fall apart. Thousands of people have been seeing these things for years and NASA doesn't even acknowledge the existence of these craft? NASA should be replaced or slapped around a bit, maybe they will wake up and join the 21st century. If people keep seeing the UFOs and/or something big does happen (eg. mass abductions, invasion, contact, etc) NASA will have to disclose or no one will take them seriously.

Luckily for NASA, the current US administration are a bunch of nazi thugs like themselves, so no one is going to be putting the pressure on them from above. And their agents in the 'media networks' have such a tactful influence on the subject, but that is a whole other can of worms.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Excluding other conspiracy theories , it's probably because NASA most likely haven't had any real, conclusive contact with Aliens. I mean, sure they see UFO's, but when on say... one of the Apollo missions they see a UFO, they'd rather not say it's a Alien space craft. Why? Because it's a UFO. Unidentified flying object which could be just about anything.

If NASA has contact with Aliens, I sure hope they share it with the public.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I cant see what they would gain why releasing infomation on UFO's. Remember China are also wanting to lead the way in the space race....

I think wait untill they send a man to the moon again, then they might have to release more info on the subject...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't see what Nasa have got to gain from holding back information about UFO's and aliens.

Imagine the positives for the agency if they were able to offer some solid proof of alien life.

Their budget would increase, public opinion and confidence would improve. Space would suddenly be interesting again to the general public.

It just makes sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yeah but then nasa wouldnt have the only game in town.wouldnt that make them like the poor cousins??

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Possibly they believe something big is about to happen, something they know they wont be able to hide or cover up and by slowly getting us used to the idea that they are indeed there, then maybe widespread panic wont set in and escalate out of control..

This statement has all the hallmarks of the movie 'Close encounters of the third kind'.
Just consider this. The planet we inhabit is very much covered by a myriad of technological tracking/surveillance satellites and ground based astronomical radio telescopes. Developed nations have national security technologies in place to seek, track and identify any craft, incongruous or otherwise entering their airspace.
I believe NASA to be aware of anomalous ariel objects within the earths airspace. These craft could be of known origins from other nations and clandestine testing of military aircraft. Either way it is not for us to know.
The best strategy for NASA is the one currently employed and that is to remain silent and allow public speculation to unravel the mystery or the myths. Whatever the unknown facts of this subject matter are we will probabley be debating on this forum and other forums for a long time .

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've never really believed that there would be widespread panic upon the news of alien contact.

Of course there was that radio show which hoaxed the public with an alien invasion story, but then invasion is a far cry from contact.

I just really cant see riots and widespread panic actually happening.

Although i can imagine a things getting a bit heated from a religious standpoint, and perhaps even the odd red neck trying to shoot down a ship as it flies over his shack.

Other than that, I think things would be fine.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I actually believe that NASA and others are trying to slowly acclimate the world to the existence of the crafts in space AND within our own atmosphere. The press, especially FOX news has began to report on things that just a few years ago, you would only see in tabloids.
Our day will come and when it does I will be way to excited and happy to jump on the "I told you so" wagon

This is happening in Italy as well.Today on an important tv they talked about ufos and stated that 10% of the ufo phenomenon has no explanation at all but that the ufo's are real indeed.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, first of all I dont believe the decision is entirely up to NASA. I shouldve specified the Govt in the title, rather than NASA but that is semantics.
My point is that the UFO phenomena is no longer as taboo as it once was. People seem to be more accepting of the idea that there could be something or somebody else out there. With the discovery and announcement of outer planets and water on Mars etc.. It just seems like we are slowly going from forum boards like this to more mainstream.
You cant deny the testimony of an entire flight crew and passengers that witnessed the massive UFO over the English Channel, it even showed up on radar.
Then you have the sighting last year over a major Airport in Chicago and the numerous objects that constantly show up on video during the SS missions.
Last year when my mom went through Roswell, she picked up numerous souvenirs for me. One of them is a glow in the dark sticker of an Alien thats holding up 2 of his 3 fingers in a Peace Symbol. I put this sticker on the back window of my truck and the reaction I get to it is sometimes quite humorous.
Some people will pass me up on the road and flash the peace symbol and some just laugh at me and wave.
Last week though, as I came out of Walmart, there was someone at my truck. I was about 30 feet away and hit the "panic" button on my keychain which caused the alarm to go off.
They left quickly but as I got closer I realized they werent trying to steal my truck but they had my sticker torn halfway off

It was my only one to

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well, first of all I dont believe the decision is entirely up to NASA. I shouldve specified the Govt in the title, rather than NASA but that is semantics.

Actually to look at the "Big Picture", you should include the corporations that have direct involvement with the government/military as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Actually to look at the "Big Picture", you should include the corporations that have direct involvement with the government/military as well.

Yes thank you, thats a very good point.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What is NASA really studying? What do our tax payers moneys go? To further jet propulsion? To look at stars through a telescope? To study the weather? They definitely do not have alien technology because there are too many people working there.

NASA is not even in on it. The government has pulled top people from around the world to work for them, not NASA.

If they disclosed the truth, what other secret would be worth keeping?

I'm not exactly what their reasoning is, it could be a reason we have no clue about.

I hope to god that we witness an unworldly event in our lifetime.

I would love to be on the inside.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well, first of all I dont believe the decision is entirely up to NASA.

Agree, NASA is an agency controlled by higher powers. Also, religion which keeps people honest and fearing would be threatened because now there is someone else other than humanity which can answer questions we never knew.

I have always felt that we are weened into believing in Sci-Fi aliens, reports of UFOs and the like because one day they will make there appearance. When they do, welcome but watch them. They may not be as they appear. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When and if disclosure happens I think there would be enough people that wouldn’t know what to do with themselves they would just end up going home to the nearest bottle of javex.

In all seriousness I don’t think the worlds societies will ever be 100% ready for disclosure. Naturally over time more people will be open to the idea, however there would be a vast amount of self-centered individuals who would refuse to believe that they are no longer the most “advanced” beings in the universe.

Oh well time will tell I guess, just the fact we are not just dealing with “western” societies reaction makes the issue of disclosure much broader and harder to predict. Also as mentioned above the economy/corporation issue has allot to do with it as well, can't just move the universe overnight so to say.

top topics

join