It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Never Thought It Would Happen To Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's funny because when I read other things that happen to people in there room like sleep paralysis, being abducted or seeing/hearing something I just think oh there just having a dream where they have not fully disconnected from there dream and to them it appeared real. Well I'm a very strong person well at least I like to think so because I was not really that scared and I never actually seen anything but last night I was having a hard time sleeping and was going in and out of of a sleeping state when I was lying there after waking up for like a good 10 mins with my eyes open not feeling the slightest bit tired... When I head the creepiest more horrific voice ever it just said hello loud and clear and I got up and ran out of my room into my bathroom and was like in a fighting stance ready for whatever said hello to me to come out but nothing came out and I went back in my room and was like am I crazy? im going to go to sleep! I don't care if it comes back or not...

Is there even a point telling my friends? If there even a point thinking about it ever again? I just thought it would never happen to me

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Soul_Contagious]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Welcome to being human. From time to time the strangest things come along, and for no reason it seems. At least from here on you'll have a new perspective when you hear others talk about the weirdness.

My own feeling is that you should not really dwell on this, but not forget it either. Who knows what else will come along.

Life's a trip, enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I had an experience like that- fitful sleep too etc. I remember opening my eyes to a disembodied head floating in front of me. It appeared to be speaking but I could not hear anything. Then it vanished. I ran screaming from the room.Could not sleep in there for a few nights after. Curious as to why this is in the UFO forum. Maybe should be in Paranormal?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yes paranormal my apologies !!

But ya im not gunna dwell on it to much I'm glad I didnt see a floating head lol ...I just dont like the confusion ATS!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 19-6-2007 by gtirlad2]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All logic states that you wouldnt go back to your room in the first place!! I know i wouldnt, id atleast grab a knife or batt atleast so i wouldnt be arnarmed. What did the voice sound like? male? female? child? Not putting at doubt towards your mental state but you should go and see a psychologists, iv heard skitsophrenics tend to hear voices etc Does your family have a history of mental deaseas? Who knows what was in your room at the time but one things for sure buddy i glad i aint you lol

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad2
All logic states that you wouldnt go back to your room in the first place!! I know i wouldnt, id atleast grab a knife or batt atleast so i wouldnt be arnarmed. What did the voice sound like? male? female? child? Not putting at doubt towards your mental state but you should go and see a psychologists, iv heard skitsophrenics tend to hear voices etc Does your family have a history of mental deaseas? Who knows what it could have been in your room but im glad i aint you buddy lol

I went back into my room because I thought about it for a second in the bathroom after I put my hands down I was like I'm not scared it said "Hello" it didnt say I want to kill you...It sounded child like I'd say and one thing I forgot to mention Is I was thinking about how scary it would be to see or hear somthing right before it happend. Nobody in my family has a history of mental diseases maybe a cracked out second cuzin or an drinker for a great grampa...

your glad you aint me lol thanks I'm DEF. GLAD IM NOT YOU!! that was a real nice thing to say what did it accomplish?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
double post aswell my bad

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well when I was younger I dont remember if I was able to sleep or not but I was in my room on my bed and did hear a loud laugh I know I heard it but no one else did because no one else came out of thier rooms but I know I heard it 100% and it was not in my head, it was pretty loud too a man laughing like you know evil laugh MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH like that then it was over didnt say anything else but I ran out to look for it and saw nothing and heard nothing else? It was the only time it happened to me too I have seen shadows and what not but Im not scared of those because it has yet to harm me or try to do something plus I just say "ah its just my imagination".

Sometimes I feel like I wish I did see a ghost myself that way I will know for sure there is an afterlife or at the very least another dimension/world out there that is unexplainable.

just my $0.02

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hey,

you had a hypnogogic hallucination. they are more frequent in early adolecence but people have them periodiclly through out their entire adult lives too. Basically your brain is literally between dream states and a concious state. hence why it happens right as you are about to pass out or right when you wake up often when you wake up suddenly.

So your brain is mixing visual data with the subconcious dream data and you see both or hear both right in front of you.

Once i was about to pass out, my best friend was sleeping on the floor right next to my bed, we were both about 13. Suddenly I see in the dark a gang member standing near the door of my room right next to the light switch I would need to turn on to make the room bright. I looked at the guy for a good 5-6 seconds, asked my friend what he was doing by the door, only to hear him tell me he was right next to my bed about to pass out.
He was right where I saw him last. meanwhile the gangbanger was still staring me down he would respond when I tried talking to it with a sorta grin. I went to throw my pillow at it but right before I completed the motion he disappeared.

Another time I woke up suddenly only to see a flag fluttering 18 inches over my head, mold suddenly growing and covering my bedroom walls. I looked over toward my fishtank light and the room lept up at me liked I had vertigo, and then it all stopped about 2 seconds later and I was fine, realised I had tripped pretty bad a second ago and went back to sleep.

I did have a weird for lack of a better word hallucination when I was around that same age that I can't explain as I had been awake for a good 12 hours and wasn't going to bed for another 3 or 4. it was late but i wasn't even sleepy, and I was about 14 so I hadn't taken any sort of hallucinagen before. I'll save that weird one for it's own thread. now that I remember it. I think I'll bring that up in a seperate thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That's kids stuff, Imagine a ship landing fifty feet from you, or hearing stuff all the time.
or having the crap shocked out of you every so often. Anyways be brave they may have more in store for you. Check out Nisurastars post one Et experiences. Later.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
one night when i was having trouble going to sleep i was sorta half awake. I have this cat that is always jumping into my sink and eating the food off the plates and i'm ALWAYS scolding him. Well i'm going to sleep and i hear the damn cat sneak into the sink in the kitchen and knock a plate slightly... then out of no where i hear as clear as day a voice say "GET DOWN!". I leaped out of bed as i was positive a stranger was in my house grabed a gun, only to find a empty room and my cat looking scared as hell. ACtually it had all of its fur puffed out. No clue if this is the subsconscious mind at play or some other paranormal force. Or possibly even our own inner voice?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Heh, luckily in my journey through the world of lucid dreams I never suffered any of that stuff.

But it sure seems like it would be funny as hell if you'd get traumatized..
Imagine waking up to some dude in black clothes with a dagger / knife / sword / w/e next to your bed about to stab you, or some army dude with an assault rifle.

And that at broad daylight, I'm sure that would invoke some WTF?! thoughts in my head.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
That's not unusual. I once heard something like a frickin train!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I never thought it would happen...

With me and the girl from Clapham, out on
that windy common, that night I ain't forgotton!

I hear voices all the time, such as:
"why do they come to me to die?"
and
"Place the whole wad on 20 black"
and
"Are you a Mexican or a Mexican't?"

Late, when I'm working alone and most of
the buildings lights are off, there's a whisper
sometimes saying "2 hours of pushin' broom,
buys an 8 by 12..." sorry that's the radio.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I remember a night terrors event that happened a few years ago when I was taking a lot of Advil and was under a lot of stress.

In my half-awake state, I was under the impression that the fabric of space itself was on a flexible grid, and that in order for the grid to not "slide away" I had to position myself just right on the edge of the bed. Of course, after I woke up and shook the creepiness out, I realized how nutty it was. But while I was in it, it sure seemed real.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Bassplyr:

I must comment on the hypnogogic hallucination explanation. I have experienced events that I cannot explain, but they weren't hallucinations.

I believe such clinical terms are invented by people who THINK they have an answer because they have a focused education. The truth is that they don't understand the "paranormal" and invent these terms because it fits their reality. It's a human failing, based in pride and arrogance.

They would be more believable saying: "I know your experience was real to you, but I DON'T KNOW WHY. Reality is vast and our understanding is limited.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bprintz1
Bassplyr:

I must comment on the hypnogogic hallucination explanation. I have experienced events that I cannot explain, but they weren't hallucinations.

I believe such clinical terms are invented by people who THINK they have an answer because they have a focused education. The truth is that they don't understand the "paranormal" and invent these terms because it fits their reality. It's a human failing, based in pride and arrogance.

They would be more believable saying: "I know your experience was real to you, but I DON'T KNOW WHY. Reality is vast and our understanding is limited.

Exactly, nicely said.

I have had plenty of experiences and not all of them fit into the "before or shortly after falling asleep" stage. Im willing to admit some of them may well have been hallucinations, but no way all of them were. I lean towards there being paranormal influences at work.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I like to think of myself as a (fairly) rational adult, but there have been times when, how can I describe them, odd things have happened to me.
Now, I don't count them as paranormal as they didn't seem that bizarre at the time, but they were sure eye opening.
This is what I've experienced: like Soul_Contagious, disembodied voices; lights, both soft and very focused, and a single, stunning lucid dream.

I've been awoken at night, or roused just before I fell asleep, by a soft and subtle increase in light from outside my bedroom window (this has happened in every home I've had). The light is normally white, but sometimes reddish.
In fact, believe it or not, it happened last night (the red one) just as I was slipping under. It managed, as usual, to wake me up.
The obvious thing is to try and rationalise the event, try and picture where the light could be coming from; is it headlights, the moon coming out from behind the clouds etc.
Unfortunatley, and in each case, none of these explanations fit, e.g. I've allways been fortunate to have homes that don't face onto public roads, and last night there was a torrential rainstorm so absolutely no moon.
The light is uniform and unmoving, swells slowly and fades at the same rate. Also, the headlight/moon theory doesn't explain the reddy pink light. I never feel afraid or concerned when this happens, I just accept it.
However, then there's the two occasions I've seen something very different...
I've awoken with a start to see differently coloured, oval neon lights shining on the ceiling above the foot of my bed (that's the nearest approximation I can think of, as they weren't strictly speaking on the ceiling but somehow part of it). They were different on each seperate occasion; the first was around 8-10" across and had what I can only describe as tubes swinging in its centre.
The second was the same size, but had a fixed pattern of circles swirling around inside of it. Both times I looked away, expecting them to move with me, but they stayed in situ. They were very odd and lasted for only a few seconds, and though I didn't feel that concerned I somehow got the impression I wasn't meant to see them. It's difficult to explain that statement, but that's the feeling I was left with...

Several times I've heard voices just as I'm falling asleep, usualy saying my name. Some have been familiar, whilst others haven't. And again, perhaps because I was in a relaxed frame of mind, they didn't scare me.

Then there was the lucid dream.
It happened some time ago, but stays with me as a wonderful memory. Sadly, it was all too brief, literally seconds from start to finish.
I was walking through a field full of a strange, bulb headed crop (think the Ellesian Fields scene in Gladiator), when I stopped and woke up still in the field.
It was absolutley, completely, undeniably real.
I was there, wherever there was as it surely wasn't here. The sense of all-encompassing wonder of that moment is what sticks with me to this day and I dearly wish I could do it again.

I'm willing to accept that these experiences could be logically explained, and am prepared to have the veneer of "strangeness" stripped from them. We have to, after all, put our trust in those who are trained to teach us the workings of our own minds.
But, whatever anybody says to me about the "lucid" dream, and despite any psycholigical interpretaion, I know that, for a few glorious seconds, I wasn't on the rock I was born on.

Ladies and gents, there's a lot to this life we simply don't know about...

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Beamish]

[edit on 20-6-2007 by Beamish]

new topics

top topics

join