It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ant Rant!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I dug out my flea trap, but didn't have any sticky mats for it, so I've jury rigged it with packing tape. I got so feasted on again last night.

I have the flea trap plugged in and it's sitting right in the middle of the bed. Hopefully it will catch that flea before tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All the ants I thought went away for now, but now they're back. Tiny ants, all over the kitchen. I don't know where they're coming from either. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cinnamon. They do not like cinnamon. It won't kill them, but it will keep them away. I use it a lot and it works. And ants are awful this year. Just put it along their trails and where they come in and they will scram.

I too, do not use chemicals in my home.I needed an alternative. I planted strawberry plants this year and kept losing them to ants. I would go to pick a strawberry(one in ten that I actually got) and there would be a nice little ant club rocking inside.

So I heard about the cinnamon and sprinkled it around the plants and I manage to salvage the last five.

I even tested it. DS dropped a piece of brownie outside and it was SWARMED in ten minutes. So for something to do, lol, I sprinkled it with cinnamon and in another ten minutes they left if alone and didn't come back.

Just go to a bulk warehouse or Sysco and buy it in bulk and you can also sprinkle it around the outside of your house. If you have a particularly tough bunch, you may have to redo it each time it rains.

I know they are a PITA, but just remember they serve a very important massive purpose. They clean up all of nature's garbage. Watch them haul away all the icky stuff we wouldn't want to pile up.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When the giant ants come, it would be
much better to be a friend of the ants.

They remember the ant-haters!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hey Major M.,
I have not read the entire thread so perhaps some one may have suggested this.

Now you may think I am insane, but I have used this "method" for, hmmm, almost twenty years now. It works.

Every spring I get an invasion of ants, so I start the process over again. I simply tell them to go out. Yep. I tell them I will feed them, which I do, and they leave. That's it.
I tell them if they come in I will have to kill them, they stay out, most of them until they get it.
Mice and moles react in the same manner. I have not had succes with whasps though.
No poison, just a little food.

WIS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join