It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's manager shot over refusal of extra hot sauce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
This is so ridiculous, and it speaks to a larger issue that Americans don't seem to want to face.
Gun control......

It's time to start getting the weapons off the streets of your country for the safety of all citizens. It's just too easy to pop a cap in someones ass for any reason, and it's glorified in movies and video games.:shk:

A large segment of the US population has become totally desensitized to violence, and the value of human life is being diminished because of it.

Heaven forbid someone had to actually be responsible for their actions.

I'm sure a lot of people agree with me, you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands!

I got my first gun when I was 6.

I'm 25, still have yet to shoot a single human.

The root of the problem is 50% of the world has less than 100 IQ.

and I have no sympathy for the majority.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They don't go around killing everyone. And if a person's life is endangered, most people would kill to protect themselves. I would definetley kill anyone who tried to take my life away or pointed a lethal weapon at me.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
This is so ridiculous, and it speaks to a larger issue that Americans don't seem to want to face.
Gun control......

Yeah.

You're right.

Let's gut the constitution right off the bat and not consider the fact that what we have too many of is drug addicts, criminals and, well, you fill in the blanks.

This is why liberals like destroying traditional values. It gives them plenty of reasons to bring up gun control.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just don’t know what to say here. I think it’s a sad time for our country.

I feel it’s only going to get worse as the years progress. I don’t look forward to it.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This is certainly a tragic incident, but I do not believe it has anything to do with gun control. If the guy hadn't had a gun, he would have pulled a knife. If he didn't have a knife, he would have thrown a punch. The problem here was the customer's complete lack of respect for another human being, his selfishness, and his temper. Taking away his gun won't solve that. It would just make him resort to other means to hurt people.

The issue goes far, far deeper than guns, and I wish I had a solution to offer. I don't. All I can say is, and I hope it doesn't sound cheeky or disrespectful or something, but "don't be like this guy." The only person we can completely control is ourselves, and if we refuse to act like this, then that is one less person to worry about going berserk.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can see a refusal of extra hot sauce being grounds for a public flogging or something, but this is too much.

Some people cite 'gun control' as the answer, but all that legislation and laws affect is the honest citizens and these 'laws' and police tactics do nothing but attempt to mask the effects, not even closely approaching the cause.

Any 'gun control' must be aimed, precisely, at the manufacturers of said guns in order for it to be even remotely effective - not at the people who they are made available to.

But that's just me, mapping our downward spiral - apparently I'm a retard, so pay this no heed.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by effinlunatic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join