It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilotless police drone takes off in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
From the BBC news website--The UK's first police remote control helicopter has taken off.
Merseyside police are using the "spy drone", fitted with CCTV cameras, mainly for tackling anti-social behaviour and public disorder.

The machine is 1m wide, weighs less than a bag of sugar, and can record images from a height of 500m. --You can view the rest here - news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yeah, just seen this on the "express" newspaper website.

One for the teenage "airgunners" I think

But seriously, it's just another nail in the UK freedoms coffin.

Let's hope these trials catch bad guys and not bug too many innocent members of the public.

If I saw one over my house I'd get the old .177 out and take a "pop".

[edit on 21/5/2007 by nerbot]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A police RC drone? What the hell next?

Although I hazard a guess that it will be based on off-the-shelf hobby RC technology, so there is the potential of jamming the operators' signal or at least finding a close match and playing havoc with the control systems (I've seen this happen a few times with RC model operators inadvertantly using the same freqs and trashing their models when the signals overlapped)

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What a waste of money! Not only would you need to pay for the damned thing to be built you have to employ a policeman to control it! Maybe they should concentrate on having presence on the streets rather than thinking up new 'wonderful' ideas.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Neat toy. Can't wait for the nanobot version coming soon to a facist state near you.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If any of those things buzz over my house im going to blind them with my laser pointer

Seriously, what next? Soon they'll just admit they monitor us from space anyway, and have been doing so for quite some time. Funny how there are more satellites up there pointing down than there are pointing into space

Whats it going to take for this country to see the hightech prison slowly being unveiled right before there eyes! We have highlevel officials saying how concerned they are Britain is turning into a police state ffs.. i mean, come on.

They create a fake culture of gangs and crime through the music market and games. They have infiltrated childrens minds, aswell as poisoning them with various neurotoxins from a variety of sources.. and then they offer the hightech solution to "Yob crime". Fantastic, now we are all suspects of warped behaviour until proven innocent, each one of us a potential terrorist in the making.

People need to wake up, and wake up fast.

Dae

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Blimey... if I see it Ill take a picture, no doubt it will wing its way to the town I live in. I wonder how quiet it is... now I will be looking in the sky more often!

Oh wait...

The machines, which are flown by remote control or using pre-programmed GPS navigation systems, are silent and can be fitted with night-vision cameras.

I wonder what this means "and investigations are to be made into its possible role in firearms operations."

Are they going to arm the bloody thing??

ohmegod... we have 15 seconds to COMPLY!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Yeah, just seen this on the "express" newspaper website.

One for the teenage "airgunners" I think

But seriously, it's just another nail in the UK freedoms coffin.

Let's hope these trials catch bad guys and not bug too many innocent members of the public.

If I saw one over my house I'd get the old .177 out and take a "pop".

[edit on 21/5/2007 by nerbot]

too bad cause then youd be caught on video doing it AND theyd arrest you for attempted murder of a police. So "in a fantasy world" id use something much bigger than a 177!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Fantastic, now we are all suspects of warped behaviour until proven innocent, each one of us a potential terrorist in the making.

People need to wake up, and wake up fast.

It's funny, cause if they would have been honest from way way back and didnt create this prison like world, they wouldnt be creating terrorist where there are none.

Its WAY past time to take to the streets folks. I'd lead but I doubt anybody would follow.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bricmpt
Neat toy. Can't wait for the nanobot version coming soon to a facist state near you.

Its in the making they say, my guess, its allready here

www.trendhunter.com...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I forgot to mention when I posted that link that there was another interesting one to look at. In October '06 they were denying that this was to come about, saying surveillance drones would be a "long way off". Well, seven months is a long time isn't it? news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I forgot to mention when I posted that link that there was another interesting one to look at. In October '06 they were denying that this was to come about, saying surveillance drones would be a "long way off". Well, seven months is a long time isn't it? news.bbc.co.uk...

From the technology that I've seen personally and unfortunately come face to face with, we are totally and utterly under constant surveillance already. Folks are waking up in droves, which is forcing them to accelerate the commy scumbags plans.

as a hint to what im refering to, learn about the cuttle fish's mechanisms, how it does what it does. all I can say, sorry. (sorry mods, i just have so much to divulge, and to me its ALL related)

when i say unfortunatley- i mean that once you see it and experience truth, it is life changing, saddening, maddening, and disgusting, and gives a sense of helplessness. Kinda like being molested by a parent or priest, somebody/ government that you put your trust in has defiled that trust.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well being from Liverpool myself and recently purchasing a nitro engined RC helicopter that can seriously kick some butt i think ill send my Airwolf looking chopper on a seek and destroy mission

top topics

join