It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of Canada's Elite JTF2, dies in accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Had not seen this mentioned on here anywhere and thought it deserved some light. It happened a couple of weeks ago.

As discussed in an earlier Thread by Arcticnull , the Canadian military DOES have a special forces unit called the JTF2 ( Joint Task Force 2 ).
Its well known for its stature in sensitive combat situations as well as for its secrecy.

Sadly, one of the members ( not yet confirmed by the Military, only listed as 'elite special force' ) has fallen to his death from a communitcations tower in Afghanistan.

The victim, unidentified – although his family has been notified – is a special forces member, possibly with the elite and clandestine JTF2 unit, although this particular detail could not be confirmed.

The Canadian military has always been ultra-secretive about JTF2, rarely acknowledging and never detailing its missions in Afghanistan.

Full Story Here

"It is my sad duty this morning to inform you that a Canadian special forces soldier here in Afghanistan died (yesterday) as a result of a non-combat-related accident,'' Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Joint Task Force Afghanistan, told reporters at a terse 5 a.m. briefing today.

Its sad to think with all the grueling training and specialties this guy had, that he would die via an accident and not in battle.

It was apparently the first special forces death of a Canadian in this country.

Cheers to all the special forces around the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Not really a 'bump' as more so a RANT

I am amazed that with the number of fellow Canadians on the boards, that no one even viewed the thread!

I didn't post the topic expecting replies, but its somewhat disheartning to see that no one even bothered to read about this.

This guy obviously worked damn hard in his life to acheive this level of respect, revered by so many others.

Maybe the wars have hardened people to the level of 'no longer caring', but these people save lives and protect people as well.

If it had been posted somewhere already, my apologies... if it hasn't.. Shame on you

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I appreicate the sentiment and my heart felt gratitude goes to the family of the fallen.

Stand easy.

Arcticnull

join