It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Passes to Impeach Bush & Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet anywhere, but I thought it was going to make for interesting conversation.

Vermonts Senate Passed Impeachment Resolution

By ROSS SNEYD, Associated Press Writer 33 minutes ago

Vermont senators voted Friday to call for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, saying their actions have raised "serious questions of constitutionality."

The non-binding resolution was approved 16-9 without debate — all six Republicans in the chamber at the time and three Democrats voted against it.

The resolution says Bush and Cheney's actions in the U.S. and abroad, including in Iraq, "raise serious questions of constitutionality, statutory legality, and abuse of the public trust."

"I think it's going to have a tremendous political effect, a tremendous political effect on public discourse about what to do about this president," said James Leas, a vocal advocate of withdrawing troops from Iraq and impeaching Bush and Cheney.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Umm.....it's a states senate.............not 'THE' senate......big difference.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We've gotten too deep in this mess with Iraq. In fact, I think the worst is probably over, and even if Bush and his administration are impeached, our problems will hardly be alleviated. But at least our soldiers will come back home ...?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I am going to have to agree with this statement, even thought it is just Vermont's State Senate that voted this, what it shows is that people are becoming more feed up with the blatant disregard for the majority opinion in the USA.

I think we'll be digging out of this one emotional, financial, and with the rest of the world for quite some time.

I think the word for what is transpiring in the world right now is surreal.

Originally posted by Paresthesia
We've gotten too deep in this mess with Iraq. In fact, I think the worst is probably over, and even if Bush and his administration are impeached, our problems will hardly be alleviated. But at least our soldiers will come back home ...?

top topics

join