It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove the moonlanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone im a long time reader of ats but a new official member. theres alot of debate on the moonlanding as we all know but i thought theres actually a pretty easy way to prove if its was real or a hoax. im sure im not the first person to think of this but cant we just point the hubble telescope at the landing sites? or something? i mean if it was real afterall there are things we left behind...like the flag...and i think the base of the lunar lander. i know if could be hard to spot at first but i believe the general area of the apparent landing is pretty well know. I would think that nasa would just take a snapshot of the landing site from a satellte or somethin if it was in fact real, ya know? maybe they cant. if it was real i think they would have pointed a camera right at it the minute the idea of it all being stagged started to come out. it is afterall one of humanities greatest achievements, you would think they would want to prove that they REALLY did it. i havent really made up my mind if it was real or a hoax but that would be an easy way to figure it out and im sure we have the ability to photograph in enough detail. of course it would have to be a 3rd party, nasa could just airbrush it in. what does everyone think

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Turning Hubble towards the moon would be like trying to see microbes with a pair of binoculars.

It aint gonna work.

We do not have the resolution required to photograph the landing site yet. Need an orbiter and a good one.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
yeah i know the hubble would be to powerful but im sure its possible with technology we have today. i guess the stuff we have is either to week or too powerfull lol

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Actually, the hubble is NOT powerful enough. There is no telescope in existance with enough power to see any evidence of the landing sights. As stated, the only way is to use a moon orbiter to take pics of the sights. I believe there are missions in the works to do just that.

jra

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Like the other have said, Hubble isn't powerful enough. Your telescope would have to be huge in order to see the Apollo artifacts from Earth orbit/Earth surface. The Mirror would have to be something like 200m in diameter or more. (the largest is 11m). You need to have something in Lunar orbit with a high resolution camera/scope if you want to see the artifacts left there. And NASA will be doing that next year with the LRO, but I'm sure it won't convince those who wish to believe the landings were fake.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If certain individuals refuse to believe hours of video evidence and thousands of photographs available today then they are unlikely to believe photographs taken by more NASA facilities either now or in the future.

If the landing sites are photographed by the Chinese or anyone else it will just be passed off as a cynical manipulation to achieve some dark diplomatic end.

There are, as they say, none so blind as those who will not see.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzkill
.. i mean if it was real afterall there are things we left behind...

If I am not mistaken (I saw this in a TV documentary once), there was a reflector placed on the moon. In the video they send laser light through their observatory-telescope toward the moon and moved it slowly over it's surface till to that point of the reflector. You saw that spot lightening up then.
With the reflected light they are able to measure the earth-moon distance exactly.

As I say I saw that in TV docomentary once (can't remember which it's a long time back) and it was very convincing. I never verified it thought because I self don't doubt the moon landing.

But if you want to know the truth, I think a research about that reflector and if and how is used in the astronomie could bring you forward.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ah just found:

Search for 'Laser Ranging Retro Reflector.'

The Laser Ranging Retroreflector experiment was deployed on Apollo 11, 14, and 15. It consists of a series of corner-cube reflectors, which are a special type of mirror with the property of always reflecting an incoming light beam back in the direction it came from. A similar device was also included on the Soviet Union's Lunakhod 2 spacecraft. These reflectors can be illuminated by laser beams aimed through large telescopes on Earth. The reflected laser beam is also observed with the telescope, providing a measurement of the round-trip distance between Earth and the Moon. This is the only Apollo experiment that is still returning data from the Moon. Many of these measurements have been made by McDonald Observatory in Texas. From 1969 to 1985, they were made on a part-time basis using the McDonald Observatory 107-inch telescope. Since 1985, these observations have been made using a dedicated 30-inch telescope. Additional measurements have been made by observatories in Hawaii, California, France, Australia, and Germany.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

top topics

join