It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British sailors may sell their stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

British sailors may sell their stories

Source Link: news.yahoo.com

The 15 British sailors and marines held by Iran for nearly two weeks were granted permission to sell their stories to the media, the Ministry of Defense said Sunday.

The move is a change from the military's usual policy of blocking serving personnel from entering into financial arrangements with media organizations. A Defense Ministry spokeswoman said the situation of the former captives is unique and deserved special consideration.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well i say all the best to them.

I'm sure there will be others that whinge about this, but why should'nt they profit from thier experiences? It's no different than a celeb writing an autobiography about thier lives.

Others can sell thier story one day, maybe not whilst they are serving but later they may be able too. Thats if Andy McNabb and his little lot who sit on the Whitehall commitee to decide which books by forces personnell are "ok relating to national security", don't see any of the stories as a threat.

It's just a shame our troops should have to go through capture before they get a decent pay cheque!

I'm sure the Iranian commander who caught the Brits is relishing his new found fame since this event, fair enough, so i say again, good luck to the Brits.

CX.

[edit on 8/4/07 by CX]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Undignified, sickening propaganda.

The UK have already been humiliated by this. Making such an exception (military personnel aren't usually allowed to 'sell their stories') is a blatant attempt at furthering the rhetoric between the UK and Iranian government.

This doesn't have much support in the UK apart from the xenophobic, jingoistic, semi literate Sun and Mirror reader (oh, and the spin ridden sleaze merchants at the top of our government).

These sailors did what they considered right at the time, to the extent of not fighting back when hugely outnumbered, I'll accept that. I'll even (to a point) accept that their video comments *may* have been edited. But to participate in this sham and profit out of it when people who suffer horrendous injuries and death get nothing is outrageous.

The UK is rapidly becoming an immoral, unethical, greedy, dangerous, police state/banana republic.

Once again, truly ashamed to be British. Those people who fought for our freedom in the First and Second World Wars must be spinning in their graves.

p.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join