It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five-year-old falls nine stories and survives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Five-year-old falls nine stories and survives

www.therecord.com

A five-year-old boy has survived a nine-storey fall off a balcony in Hamilton and was talking coherently and complaining only of a hurt leg when emergency crews arrived.

Yong Jin Kim was listed in serious but stable condition at McMaster Children's Hospital late yesterday and his survival is being hailed as a miracle by police and neighbours in the complex where he lives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Another example of soft soil and young bones I suppose. However to be honest, I much rather attribute it to a 'miracle'. Realistically this all could have ended much worse.

www.therecord.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Kids bounce. What else is new?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
According to the news sources I saw, the kid was saved by the very wet lawn he fell onto. If you look at the picture provided by the news story, you can see the impression of his body in the grass, just like one would see in one of those Roadrunner cartoons.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a miracle, but that's one lucky family.

Jack Smith, president of the Canada Safety Council, says there's no doubt the mushy ground saved the boy, absorbing much of the impact of the his fall from the balcony of his parents' Jackson Street West apartment yesterday morning.

therecord.com

[edit on 2007/3/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just saw this on our local news, the impression the kid left in the ground was crazy.
Wouldnt exactly call it a miracle though.
Similar story here the other day with a guy falling off a cliff and landing on a ledge about 100 ft down, smashed pelvis and broken bones but alive, if he'd missed the ledge he would have fallen another 100ft or so.
Glad the kids OK.

new topics

top topics

join