It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature spotted: Is this the beast of Banff?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Creature spotted: Is this the beast of Banff?

www.banffshire-journal.co.uk

THE Beast of Banff, the mysterious large cat-like creature spotted prowling in the area, has been captured on video.

Now you can see the footage exclusively on the Banffshire Journal’s own website.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The creature does look like some sort of large cat. However I have very limited knowledge of this creature and the past sightings. Anyone else have any info on this?

www.banffshire-journal.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is Banff BC? The area would be scattered with big cats. Mountain lions roam all over the place there. Black is an odd color, but Im sure not unheard of. Would be a beautiful animal to see. I would love to get a better picture. Big cats are hard to photograph though as they dont stay in the open for long.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Urm that cat doesn't look "big" it doesn't even look big enough to topple the size of my friend's overfed housecat :s

My cat's are pretty small and they judging by the fance and the plants around would not be a lot smaller then this black little kitty..

wonder if he has any "parents" always room for an extra kittycat here

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is not from the Banff in Canada.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
it looks like a bear to me

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It looks like a regular house cat. The fence gives the illusion that the cat is huge, but I wouldn't doubt that the top of the fence only reaches to the waistline of an adult.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It definitely looks like your average felinus domesticus to me (house cat.)
It doesn't look very large, unless that fence and surrounding bushes are 14 feet tall.
Handsome cat though.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The proportions make it look like a common cat, the bigger cats have smaller ears when compared with the size of their heads.

The way it moves also looks like the movements of a common cat.

And in the video from the second link (the one called bbclip1.mpg), before the "cat" passes under the fence, it can be seen something on the other side of the fence, maybe another animal or a person. This happens at frame 1150 (46 seconds) and it stays covering part of the hole through the fence.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I agree with the fact it looks more small than big... I am actually interested in hearing if anyone has heard of this "creature" before and what exactly it's ravishing the countryside consists of if anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Sorry people but it looks to be a Florida Panther. Basically a black Mountain Lion.

Roper

new topics

top topics

join