It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object above ski resort!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes I've been on this site for a while now, just signed up today. Last night me and my friends went snowboarding at our local resort in Pennsylvania, we usually go about 4 times a week, great place to see the sky very clear. This area has heavy plane traffic overhead, so we know a plane when we see one.Last night was different tho, since the season has started we noticed this one star its very large in size and its always the first one in the sky, and it is absoulutely huge for a star, but anyway. About half way up the lift we noticed right next to the star a smaller looking star with an orange shine to it sort of flickering. It would come close and get bigger then travel away and get so small you can barley see it, it did this for about 7-10 min. till it finally just slowly rose up till it was gone, ive never seen anything like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am from PA and go skiing-
which mountain?

Sounds like a solid sighting of something,
well, unidentified.

T.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
By the way

from your name

I can tell you like T McKenna (RIP)

I read Timewave Zero ON MY HONEYMOON.

We still conceived a kid, despite my incesant reading.

T.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes big boulder me and my friends have passes and go alot. Thats awsome your familiar with it, do you notice that star that is huge and bright? But yea last night was wierd the object was a glowing faded orange color, sort of jolting around then just kept ascending upwards very strange.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yikes, I live in Scranton, PA. Good to see that there's some activity in my neck of the woods.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Let see.to what part of the sky did you wantch this supously big star?...

If it's to the south- west sky well that's not a star...that's Venus, right now it gets early in the sky around 6pm (just the sun going down) it's bright and big.... and it's not a star..it's Planet Venus. I think it's Venus because you said you could see it early (just before sunset) so if it's to the south-west sjy it's Venus..no dout about it.

You can check this if you go to the Sky and telescope site..they have an online planishpere, you only imput your site and time and it will give you the position of the planets, stars, major constellations, nebulaes and galaxies...you need java to do this..you can even print it and look for stuff in the sky if you have a telescope.

One other thing or rule:
- Stars blink in the sky because they are far far away than any planet and because thermal turbulence (the heat from the earth go to the sky)..this is more evident on the horizon...
- Planets do not blink like the stars because they are more closer and they reflect the suns light.

I think this happens because people doesnt bother to look to the sky with some planisphere to see what they are watching..this helps a lot..a telescope with go to to if you like astronomy.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yes alex dj i was thinking it was venus but wasnt sure, but i assure you that what i saw was no start or planet. It became as big as venus and moved closer and was swaying left to right and back and forth pretty quickly. Then just started rising up , not saying an alien aircraft but it was indeed something ive ever seen.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm heading up there the week before Easter, I always look forward to sky watching up there.

Keep your camera handy

top topics

join