It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, now this is just odd.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thank you for that article. Unfortunately, I doubt it would be that, because this was a full-grown fly, not a pupa. What I would really like to know is if this weird creature was actually CONTROLING the fly, and if it was, if it was control the fly while it was still dead. Sounds like a zombie eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There's all sorts of wasps that do this, both in the larval stages and to adult flies. There'salso the chance of it being the maggot of a parasitic fly. Gross stuff. But no, the critter would not have been "controlling" the fly. Insects work a lot different from, say, mammals. cut off the head and they'll run around a good long while. Have a maggot eat most of their internal organs, and they'll stay alive for a while still.

The fly was already dead on the wing, most likely. Else he wouldn't have hit your wall

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This reminds me of a time I was looking for woodlouse (y'know, pill bugs. They roll up into little balls) and when I picked one up and unrolled it, a big spider popped out and it looked freaking scary.

But I can think of two things: The fly was infected with a parasite from a larger wasp, a wasp larvae. Of course, most wasps are larger than the fly, and so would their grubby little worms. Wasps have a thing with that, infecting caterpillars, but in desperate times, they have been known to go off schedual.

Then there's the fly was pregnant with an unusually large larvae, which is unlikely because that would be one monster fly and flies lay eggs, up to like fifty at a time or somehting like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Meh, I'm really mad at myself. I should have kept it

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When I was a kid.I collected toads and frogs to study in a pale,fed them spiders and flies.One day caught a big fly but it had a strange reaction when I tried to pick it up to drop in the pale.It let loose a thousand little maggots out of it's rear end and all these tiny maggots were crawling around my porch .I had to get a water hose to spray off the porch,was disgusting.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Gooey is a known hoaxer.... why are his threads still open? they are a waste of everyones time.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
...he was actually getting me to believe he actually died!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just checked his thread history and yea, I remeber seeing him somewhere, the thread about him dieing. Anyways, This could've happened I guess...Anyways..

-Jimmy-

<< 1   >>

join