It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Its amazing how much we dont know about out mother earth, let alone space.
This expedition is like something out of "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea" and "Journey To The Center Of The Earth".

British scientists are following science-fiction writer Jules Verne and taking a journey to the centre of the Earth to explore mysterious giant holes in the planet's crust.

Where there should be a four-mile-thick layer of crust, there is instead that much mantle - the very dense, leafy-green rock that makes up the centre of the Earth.

Maybe they will find a hollow earth, naaaa.
Nice to see the British doing this.

Source.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
or maybe they will find HELL.

www.jesus-is-savior.com...

www.truthorfiction.com...

I know this has been debunked, but id laugh really hard if it happened again lol

On the other hand it was a Intresting article, its good to see them doing this, but its a shame they wont push forward and try and go further pass the "mantle " be intresting to see what they'd find!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Diamonds.

If resonance imaging has shown a hollow cavity beneath an area of crust, it can only mean that there are crystaline chambers at that location.
If I were the one who found that, I'd be sure to come up with any excuse I can to go and see if those crystals are by any chance diamonds... the great part about it is the government would fund it as a research grant.
All expenses paid chance to hunt diamonds... Absolutely, count me in! lol.

As for going to the center? No, they are only going to try to get past some of the crust. We still don't have materials capable of withstanding extensive time in a magma chamber... which is what you will find once you actually pass the crust. Which is why it's a crust in the first place, used to be molten rock.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's not a hollow cavity, it's just an area where they expected to see crust is actually mantle instead, hence the dive to check the material out.

Given that the Canary Islands are volcanic in nature, I'd say it was a distinct possiblity that a fissue opened at at some point through normal geological processes, and some of the mantle's material leaked through.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is a pretty cool thing happening here! They say they are going to an area that could be like a scar on the earth. Aperently they are looking at getting samples of exposed mantel.
Here is a link that has a daily journal as well as info an all that are on this voyage!
[url=http://www.noc.soton.ac.uk/gg/classroom@sea/JC007/.]

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpinDropSmile]

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpinDropSmile]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
when is this supposed to happen???
there was also another website claiming to try to find out if the earth was hollow or not. the missions name was npiee or something like that, north pole inner earth expedition???
they wanted to do it in 2007, but the site looked shady.
does anybody know what im talking about?

top topics

join