It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan See Probability of Recession in 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan said there's a ``one-third probability'' of a U.S. recession this year and that the current expansion won't have the staying power of its decade-long predecessor.

www.bloomberg.com...

Apparently, Greenspan is returning to a role he enjoyed before going into government service, which was economic forecasting and trend-spotting.

I hope that this doesn't make it hard on his successor.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
One-Third is not a "probability"...It's a possibility, just like nearly anything else you can think of

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Actually, I would tend to follow Mr. Greenspan's use of the terms. I am more interested in discussion of the possibilities of a recession in the US.

Also, what areas of the US might see recession-type qualities? I reside in Central Texas (Austin), and the overall forecasts for this area are positive for the next 12-18 months.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is a government induced recession. NAFTA has made things difficult for US citizens. The distribution of weath in this country is extremely unbalanced due to law makers, lobbyists, and corproate presidents that are in the government just to line their own pockets and not help the American people. I think we are headed towards a recession. What I don't get is that Greenspan can dictate our economy by telling us that things are bad. The stock market took a huge downward turn because Greenspan said it would. It seems a little fishy to me!

top topics

join