It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Auroa Infomation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
n 1985, a budgetary weapons procurement document made reference to a top secret multi-billion dollar USAF program called Aurora. Looking into this document, the Washington Post learned unofficially that it was linked to stealth technology, possibly development of the B-2 bomber project. Three years later, the New York Times reported that a hypersonic reconnaissance aircraft with stealth capability was being developed to replace the SR-71 Blackbird.

Unconfirmed reports of Aurora's existence first surfaced in 1986. Popular Science magazine conjectured about the airplane's likely design in its November 1988 issue (right, middle).

Sounds: Most of the evidence for Aurora's existence is anecdotal. Among these tales are the reports of unusual sonic booms above Southern California, dating back to mid and late 1991. On at least five occasions, the booms were recorded by at least 25 of the 220 US Geological Survey sensors across Southern California used to pinpoint earthquake epicenters.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is this new?

I could swear I've heard this before.

The Aurora Project in the 1980's was a code name for the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.

We're not even sure if the plane is real or not.

I would like to say so, but then again...

THR

[edit: fixed typo]

[edit on 3/3/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yep, old news.
Try using the ATS search feature.

Lex

join