It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing memory and sleep walking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Have any of you ever heard of someone not remembering their childhood at all?
My girlfriend has no memory before age 9. When she was 14 someone asked her about elementary school and she realised she could not remember. Her parents have told her that when she was young she would sleep walk all the time, trying to go outside most the time. Her mom found her looking out of the windows crying at night, unable to get her attention like she was in another consiousnous.
Anyone have similar storys or know of someone who does? Do these things sound abduction related to any of you?
Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth

Have any of you ever heard of someone not remembering their childhood at all?
My girlfriend has no memory before age 9. When she was 14 someone asked her about elementary school and she realised she could not remember. Her parents have told her that when she was young she would sleep walk all the time, trying to go outside most the time. Her mom found her looking out of the windows crying at night, unable to get her attention like she was in another consiousnous.
Anyone have similar storys or know of someone who does? Do these things sound abduction related to any of you?
Thanks

Hey... I'm gonna have to take a couple days to "meditate" on this... but you just triggered a memory for me... the part about "crying while looking out the window...".

This is a unique case, and I think I know somebody that might have something to contribute...

Let me see what I can dig up, and I'll report back here at that time.

Now...

I also am here to tell you that one of my guys has FOUR YEARS of his life that are simply "missing". He has NO recollection of them at all. This situation may have a "DoD" connotation... so I don't know that it will be that similar in the end... but just to put you on notice... there are others out there with this sort of thing going on...

More as soon as I can...

SPout.

[edit on 20/202/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thanks SPout, let me know what you find out.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth

Do these things sound abduction related to any of you?
Thanks

I would not rule out abduction of some sort. But even if you are sure that this is what is going on, ask yourself this "Could your friend handle finding that out?".

Some people block things out for their own good. I personally would want to know the details if this happened to me, but hey, that's just me.

Vas

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
She is not purposley blocking anything out, and it bothers me.
She literaly has no memory at all of being a child. I have memories from the age of 2 and I cant believe she has none. Its odd.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Megadeth (btw a truly Great band!!!),
I have sleep disorders, read my post on the sleep disorder/ ET connection. My memory is like swiss cheese. I have tiny snippets from my life, but I can't even remember events that show me in photographs. If the mind does not rest, it starts to become unreceptive to stimuli. The dream world and waking world become indistinguishable. And the mind will block out harmful experiences. If she is forgetting, there is probably a good reason. I had a lady friend that was having memory problems as well, and through hypno-regression found out that she was severely sexually abused by a neighbor. It crushed her, changed her completely. She was a cheerful, fun person one day, then next, shattered. Totally unconsolable. She slowly recovered, after YEARS of therapy. Be gentle with your girlfriend, and if she wants hypnosis to unlock it, it's there. BUt she needs to consider if she is truly ready for what she finds. It could and probably will change her.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think sometimes I get up and sleepwalk to go #2

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I realized after reading the thread again that I looked kinda stupid thanking 'SPout' lol.
So SouthPaw, any more info?
Thanks for the kind words for Megadeth, the best band in the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I dunno if I have anything to add to this topic but here goes...

While I do remember some of my childhood some of it is missing, by some I mean years, I can't remember people I studied with, teachers, vacations (I have scars I don't remember getting), only some random memories and I usually can't tell when they happened, just some vague "around when I was 6/8/13/whatever", though I remember most things after 8th grade. Like TheMayor said "My memory is like swiss cheese" though I think mine is somewhat dense XD

I don't think I have a reason to block anything, I had one of the most peaceful childhoods I ever heard about so I don't think that's the case... (one of my theories is that my mind didn't register anything because nothing ever happened, but maybe I only think nothing ever happened because I don't remember anything, some other theories but none to talk about right now).

And I was a sleep walker, my mom sometimes tells me how she used to find me in front of the door, walking or just standing, nowadays I just talk in my sleep (sometimes sit in the bed), though my parents say its mostly gibberish, I sometimes answer XP But I don't think/know that's too abnormal...

So yeah, missing memory and sleep walking, and some cases of UFO around the family (my grandpa specially, was really fanatical about it until some time ago)...I don't think that's ET related, but, who knows. I don't remember having any abduction memory, besides strange dreams, and if I did get abducted I really don't want to know about it ----> Deadly fear of ETs

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Megadeth,
perhaps introduce your girl to this thread. I would be interested in communicating with her, if she wants. This is an interesting topic, and you seem to have bailed on it before it really got started.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was waiting on SouthPaw to make his next post but I guess he is not going to.
Another interesting point about her story is a random memory she has and she does not know where it came from.
She has a memory of a humanoid creature aproaching her with pale thin skin that stretches over its eyes. She has no idea what it is or where she saw it at but it must stand out because she can describe it quite clearly.
Her mother describes her childhood as being unhappy and I aim to have a talk with her mom about it, and if she remembers any strange things happening in the house at night that might relate to alien visitation.

top topics

join