It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramens as a classy side dish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It sounds strange I know, but hear me out...

I boil the noodles like normal, but I don't add the bouloin. Once noodles are done I drain the water out in a strainer, then add about 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing, mix, then add the boulion. The ranch makes them creamier and brings out the beef flavour a little more. This makes a good side dish for meats like steak or venision.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, those noodle packs make a great side dish. And it's one thing that kids will eat without a fight.

If your having roast chicken or baked BBQ chicken parts etc..., a side dish of the noodles is great.
I like to take par-boiled carrot slices, a little sweet corn, and some chives or green onions. I fry the veggies with some butter, add the cooked noodles to the pan, and then stir in the chicken seasoning packs with a little sprinkle of brown sugar.
A splash of water keeps them from sticking together.

It looks very colourful on the plate, it tastes great, and everyone eats some vegetables.

Ramen Noodles are fantastic.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Sounds delicious. I'll have to try that soon.

You ever open the pack, dump the powder directly into the package, shake it up, and then eat it like a candy bar before. Crunchy and delicious, and it will fill you up quick if your hiking.

join