It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to post question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
2 questions I wish to post:
I had a question concerning a news report on TV some years ago (late 80s early 90s) that a ship appeared in a harbor then disappeared. Sounds "PX" to me but I have never seen anything about it on any forums. I did discuss this on a board years ago and one other member remembered it too! She said it was on the evening news and then never seen again. Nothing in the papers etc.. This was not near April 1st. I did some searches on ATS but could find no mention. This story was the reason I found out about the "PX" in the first place, up until then I had never heard of it or seen the movie etc... I just wanted to find out if anyone had ever seen this news story besides me and the girl in that other forum.

I also had an experience as a kid with large metal flakes falling to earth after a shooting star. Large number of people outside, warm summer night. Strange part besides the flakes was the fact that only a few of the kids were still moving as these fell, all adults and most kids froze. The next day nobody remembered it happening!! After many years I just chalked this up to a dream. Then, about 5-6 years ago now, I was on an elevator talking to a co-worker and mentioned where I grew up. A guy (about my same age) broke into the conversation and said he grew up in the same neighborhood. We didn't know each other but the next thing he said sent shivers down my spine. "Do you ever remember when you were a kid and metal flakes fell down from a shooting star?" I said yes calmly, and he said "you’re the only other person I have ever asked that remembered that night". Question I have searched for the answer to, "has anyone ever had an experience with falling metal flakes?" These would burn up before reaching us or the ground and some were 2-3" across. All searches on meteorites and metal flakes talk about the metal flakes inside the meteor but not about them externally.

Please help, where could I post these questions?

TIA
bluehaze

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well, posting the ship story in the Military & Government Projects forum would probably earn you a response, as I'm going to guess that it wasn't a backyard scientist that managed to get a ship to do that, and your meteorflakes story would probably fit well in the Space forum, as people that know about comets and things hang about in there.

Sorry I can't help you with either of your questions. The meteor one sounds mighty interesting, and a little bit creepy . . .

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thanks very much for your help! I will post them and see.

join