It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online internet Jobs? True or False

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there are online jobs that actually pay? I always get junk mail telling me theres online business's to work home and that there are surveys that pay for you to participate. Though, I find it to be a scam, so has anyone got any knowledge based on online employment? Has anyone been there, done that?

Thank you;
7A

[edit on 6-1-2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There are definitely jobs that pay, but the ones sent through spam are false. Jobs where you email others through chain-mail, send snail-mail to others, pay to be hired, buy a product and then try to sell it through a website while trying to get others to do the same (aka pyramid scheme), and transferring money from bank account to another bank account are all scams, illegal, and end up paying nothing.

You will also occasionally get the emails saying "give up your job and work by selling our product on Ebay," which is also pretty much the pyramid scheme. They have you buy the product, and try to sell it on a website that they make, with hundreds or thousands of similar "employees" (people who bought the product to sell it on that site), trying to sell the product with little to no profit. The way they tell you to make money is to refer others to buy the product from them so that they can join you and sell it on their website.

The real internet job I've seen so far are customer service employees, who must be located in the business building, or a building made to house other customer service reps.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Check out the site I posted above. It doesn't require you to even leave your house.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A good example of a job that can be done over the Internet is the one that sardion2000 posted.

Coding, design and other jobs where the final product can be sent in electronic format are common on the Internet, but do not expect to see them advertised in spam mails, you have to look for them.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While technically not a job, but you can make a little money with doing online surveys, for about 15 minutes of your time you can get 1~2 dollars and sometimes a little more, it's not a lot but it adds up after a while so I can do some Ebay shopping, if anything it atleast pays for the Shipping and Handling portion

Most "work at home" type stuff is a scam unfortunatly, but there are a few that are not so you have to look carefully.

new topics

top topics

join