It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Real Madrid President Resigns!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has sensationally resigned from his post at the club.

The 58-year-old - a successful businessman who made his fortune in the building trade - took charge at the Santiago Bernabeu in 2000 and introduced Real's now renowned 'galactico' transfer policy.

Originally From Sky Sports
Florentino Perez has resigned from his position as Real Madrid president.

The Real supremo informed the Madrid board of his decision in an extraordinary board meeting on Monday evening.

The Primera club called a press conference for 8pm (GMT) on Monday night where Perez confirmed the news to the assembled media.

The move comes after Real's hugely disappointing 2-1 reverse to struggling Mallorca at the weekend - a defeat which left them ten points adrift of arch rivals and league leaders Barcelona.

WOW...Didnt see that coming!!!

Mic

[Edited on 27/2/2006 by MickeyDee]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Woah! i never seen it coming either, the only person i thought who was a cert to be leaving was the manager in the summer.

Whoever comes in, will that person gamble on the huge transfer signings which have become the norm at Real?

I guess this means to expect a major shake up in the summer.

Mic... are you a fan of Led Zep? noticed your mood

TRD

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thats surprising, but look at there form and the underachievment by some of the players. That doesnt bode well for Beckham who is approaching his last year of his deal. He could be heading back to England..

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
That doesnt bode well for Beckham who is approaching his last year of his deal. He could be heading back to England..

Good Good...He's welcome to come and join the Owen revolution at Newcastle...haha

Mic
:party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah, to have Beckham in your team would be ideal, especially as he knows how to play with Owen and crossing for Shearer would be a fantastic plan.

I believe hes said in the past that it would only be a London team he would sign for?

I thought you played Solano out on the right?

So, with the money Beckham would cost i cant see a deal happening, the defense will be the priority.

Any word on who the new manager will be?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
So, with the money Beckham would cost i cant see a deal happening, the defense will be the priority.

Yup...defence is top of the list during the summer...see how Boumsong does is the world cup...we might get a little more cash from him if he plays well!

Any word on who the new manager will be?

Shepard still wants O'Neil...and with Mclaren just waiting to get the England job we shouldnt struggle too much to get him!

Mic
:party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I forgot you paid mega money for Boumsong, something along the lines of 8 million? but really, right now if you sold him i cant see you getting 8 million back, maybe 4 million. I still think there was an old pals act going on with Souness and Rangers when Newcastle signed him

Something like, he signed for Rangers on a free and signed a couple of years contract, but he could only leave if he was abused? and then this story came out saying how someone had abused him and he was entitled to leave, he leaves for 8 million and ends up at Newcastle looking like a big waste of money

I didnt realise he had made the France World Cup team, but then again i havent a clue what their defence is these days, since it aint Laurent Blanc and Dessaily in the centre

Am sure Sky Sports had an article abuot O'Neill and Newcastle a few weeks back, but i cant remember what it was saying. You never knew, the way its looking Steve Bruce might be out of a job at the end of the season, would you take him

new topics

top topics

join