It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: U.S. Congress summons players to testify in steroid probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
now that we have had a couple of days to digest what went down in dc i am interested in your thoughts.....although i didn't get the chance to see the hearings i have read enough on them to have a few opinions,

1) jose canseco is a worm, his only purpose is to sell his book, a hypacrite of the first order, this will be his legacy along with the time the ball bounced off his head and went over the wall for a home run.....

2) big mac came out of the hearings in a tie for the biggest loser, marc had every opportunity to deny steroid use and he didn't (couldn't) in my book he could be the next pete rose

3) selig and fehr finished in a dead heat with macGwire for biggest losers, they definitly deserved the heat from congress that they received, there is enough blame to go around here and they deserve their share for creating the policies that allow, and in a backhanded way condone, this type of abuse

4) where is the outrage from the players who have lost or been denied the opportunity to play in the majors because they have relied on their god given talent and not taken the easy way to the top? if i was a career minor leaguer or a player on his way up and i found out that i was competing for a job against a "chemicaly enhanced" teammate i would be outraged....all the years of practice and dedication wasted because i wouldn't stick a needle in my butt......

5) how deep does this go and where will it all end?

these are some of my thoughts, i will be interested to read yours

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Now remember, I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there.

Why do you call canseco a worm? True, this congressional hearing hapened mainly due to the stir created by his book. At least he is finally fessing up, and telling the truth. I'm not saying he's an Eagle scout here, but he is at least telling the truth about what happened, and as a result, others are being forced to come forward baring the truth. He does deserve some credit for that.

Also, IMO, those players who have been lying to the fans should be banned from baseball. They have banned Rose for not complying with the rules of baseball. so why not ban these guys for not following the rules of society?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
the reason i call consedo a worm is that he is free to say anything he wants to about himself, but to drag others into the mess in order to sell books is not right, the reason jose has come forth is because he needs money, not a sudden passion to rid the game of steroids, he was a cheater in his playing days and made a good living off of it, he blew that and now wants another payday at the expense of others, i guess what i am trying to say is that what happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse...some of the players he has named in his book were users, others apparently were not...he is just out to make a buck

new topics

<< 1   >>

join