It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS losing it's touch...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Now Cy, are you saying that I am a brute? A cad? A masher and a villain?

It is obvious that I shall have to reread my Dale Carnegie books again as I must be slipping back into the bits of ogreism.

Maybe the Mud Pit is corrupting me.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Great job TC keep up the good work.
How many postings do you delete a day must be hard doing your jobyou guys are the greatest
posters

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by banneduser
Great job TC keep up the good work.
How many postings do you delete a day must be hard doing your jobyou guys are the greatest
posters

boomer?

#, the sourcebomber's back

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i think you Guys need a new IS guy

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Now Cy, are you saying that I am a brute? A cad? A masher and a villain?

It is obvious that I shall have to reread my Dale Carnegie books again as I must be slipping back into the bits of ogreism.

Maybe the Mud Pit is corrupting me.

Maybe it is TC....maybe it is

we Need Colonel back, i have no clue where he's off to, his rantings used to be what kept the mudpit alive...now look at it, all dried up.
i dont support anti-republicans as much as he does', yet i stand firm with my beliefs on a social/liberally-based system, but that's totally off-topic, nevermind, the thread's lost it's glint

Peace
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Where is colonel any way.

I dont agree with him on any topic but its fun to laugh at the lies he says.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Colonel is still here.

Cyrus, are your depressed or something, your posts are very cynical and somewhat negative, despite evidence to the contrary about ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

The new ones dont have as much info as the older ones.

The new ones people just post stuff from the top of their heads.

With no real FACTS!

I WANT FACTS!

yes please post important topics like this.....

------Dumb commies protest SAFTEY!---------

thanks for this gem russian

there were alot of facts that you provided....

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
=
yes please post important topics like this.....

------Dumb commies protest SAFTEY!---------

thanks for this gem russian

there were alot of facts that you provided....

I proved FACTS to the thread!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I think these boards are exellent as they are. Crying for the good old days is depressing for the newcomers to witness.

People don't always open up until they feel safe, and so they may engage in a lot of smalll talk before they get serious and reveal any important info they have.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
yes kinda true...

i opened up as soon as i got here but got shot down like a cheap airplane

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My reply to what you posted on one of my threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fortunately Cyrus, it is not up to you to decide what is fit for post on this web site. I looked over your past topics, and guess what, I can't find any threads you started lately that are of any real value. Perhaps when you contribute something you can start criticising the value of other peoples posts. Yes this site is a conspiracy site, but it also has many other subjects in it. Those other subjects are of value. It gives people a reason to come back here on a daily basis. It is people coming here often and clicking on google ads that makes this site grow and continue to get better. There is only so much that can be posted in a given day about who shot JFK and was the moon landing faked. If that was all this site had people would come for awhile until they read all the old posts and realized that there is not that much more information being posted everyday and they would eventually get bored and stop coming as often and then eventually rarely if ever. At least with other discussions going on people can come and discuss conspiracies and have some other things to look at too. There is always something new to discuss and look at even if nothing conspiracy related has turned up that day. Sorry that all posts aren't up to your standards, but I think you may have to learn to live with it.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Fortunately Cyrus, it is not up to you to decide what is fit for post on this web site. I looked over your past topics, and guess what, I can't find any threads you started lately that are of any real value. Perhaps when you contribute something you can start criticising the value of other peoples posts. Yes this site is a conspiracy site, but it also has many other subjects in it. Those other subjects are of value. It gives people a reason to come back here on a daily basis. It is people coming here often and clicking on google ads that makes this site grow and continue to get better. There is only so much that can be posted in a given day about who shot JFK and was the moon landing faked. If that was all this site had people would come for awhile until they read all the old posts and realized that there is not that much more information being posted everyday and they would eventually get bored and stop coming as often and then eventually rarely if ever. At least with other discussions going on people can come and discuss conspiracies and have some other things to look at too. There is always something new to discuss and look at even if nothing conspiracy related has turned up that day. Sorry that all posts aren't up to your standards, but I think you may have to learn to live with it.

Nicely said greenkoolaid.

I must agree.

even if i dont want to.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Colonel is still here.

Cyrus, are your depressed or something, your posts are very cynical and somewhat negative, despite evidence to the contrary about ATS.

there is no need to give this any second thoughts, i am not depressed...nor an alcoholic for that matter(surprised?)

my personal life's fine, i dont think i have one

im breaking the facts down, not depressed...worried, about? the posting quality here on ATS.
why should i care? because im seeing too many new faces who aren't getting the right message conveyed about the "average posting quality standards".
u may dispute this all you like, but my insight tells me unless something is done now, this could eventually rise as an offensive problem and blow up in your face in your faces.
a.k.a: posting quality =a decrease
inteligent members =a decrease
offense = an increase
ignorant/pointless posts =a vast increase
now tell me...i for one am against such a thing happening, if it did...i,like many am likely to leave.
and supposedly once all inteligence except for a dire few leaves, things are predicted to go back just-the-way-they always were right??

try to understand!!
we're like getting over a thousand posts a day...brilliant, bravo!!

i challenge anyone to claim them all marked as supreme quality

am i wrong in suggesting that these posts could simply be an ambition, courtesy of our points system.
furthermore, why >>>jump to the conclusion

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

i'd leave my last post to impress you with it's written structure, but as i type this..i see someone arguing for no remotely duperous cause, you are liekly not to listen to reasoning, since you are currently hunched over the keyboard hurriedly forming a plan that you have something in mind to defy >>this

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   

i challenge anyone to claim them all marked as supreme quality....................

and who crowned you to judge if my previous posts were up to scratch??

Each person is a unique unit, fully cognizant with The All, even though they don't normally know it.

Therefore each persons' words do have some significance to the collective consciousness and are valuable in that sense.

I guess it doesn't do any harm to demand higher standards across the board. Hey! It just might work! and some individuals will begin to use their brains more? That's a lot to ask though, don't you think. From my perspective it looks like everyone is already putting their' all into their posts. The moderators will keep everything running smoothly no doubt.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well personally I'll only start to get alarmed when we stop getting threads like this every month or so.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
whine whine whine whine

Oh here we go again... another new member complaining about post quality. First, I refer you to this thread: William's ATS Rant

Cyrus whined: "and put yourself in my shoes' (if your lack of intellect will permit you to j/k" Now we're degrading to insults... oh but wait, he used a smilie and said "just kidding" so that means it's okay. A typical crap response of attacking the messenger rather than the message.

It's fun to sit back and complain isn't it? It's rather easy to think up interesting little posts that pick nits, evade reality, and contain lots of little smilies isn't it? I can tell you're having your little moment of fame and hilarity from it.

Well Cyrus, if you've come here expecting a conspiracy discussion board, you're going to be constantly frustrated day in and day out. We've long since stopped being something that simple. ATS is a complex and dynamic digital community who's members tend to prefer discussion about conspiracy-related topics. A much bigger concept that many new members like yourself have difficulty understanding.

You said, "i'd leave my last post to impress you with it's written structure..." Well Cyrus, if syntax and structure where a metric whereby posts were judged, I'm sorry, but you'd not fare well. Fortunately for you, it's only one factor (an important one, but one nonetheless).

And I've seen you chastise members for placing posts in the wrong forum (that's a moderator's job), so, may I ask why you began a post about ATS in the "Other Current Events" forum? Perhaps a moment's contemplation in the nearest mirror might provide some clues as to your dissatisfaction with recent content quality.

It's easy to complain.

It's hard to do something.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by William]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Well personally I'll only start to get alarmed when we stop getting threads like this every month or so.

*smiles*...why dont you just crucify/burn every warning displayed by any member on this board.
if this is a routine-related thing, then surely the bad-postings are a temporary thing

correct?

Cyrus
ps:i've never seen so many bad postings in a day, yesterday was phenomenal...we're gaining a lot more members therefore maybe a new rule shoud be made regarding these crap posts...i see i am fighting solo here

Russian quickly allied with the opposition, surfer merged/knit together a slightly less biased thread, but that went down quick, im still here....still on my rant, still believing im right and so far i havent heard anything is to be done about it

*sadly shuffles off*
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

Originally posted by Cyrus
whine whine whine whine

Oh here we go again... another new member complaining about post quality. First, I refer you to this thread: William's ATS Rant

Cyrus whined: "and put yourself in my shoes' (if your lack of intellect will permit you to j/k" Now we're degrading to insults... oh but wait, he used a smilie and said "just kidding" so that means it's okay. A typical crap response of attacking the messenger rather than the message.

It's fun to sit back and complain isn't it? It's rather easy to think up interesting little posts that pick nits, evade reality, and contain lots of little smilies isn't it? I can tell you're having your little moment of fame and hilarity from it.

Well Cyrus, if you've come here expecting a conspiracy discussion board, you're going to be constantly frustrated day in and day out. We've long since stopped being something that simple. ATS is a complex and dynamic digital community who's members tend to prefer discussion about conspiracy-related topics. A much bigger concept that many new members like yourself have difficulty understanding.

You said, "i'd leave my last post to impress you with it's written structure..." Well Cyrus, if syntax and structure where a metric whereby posts were judged, I'm sorry, but you'd not fare well. Fortunately for you, it's only one factor (an important one, but one nonetheless).

And I've seen you chastise members for placing posts in the wrong forum (that's a moderator's job), so, may I ask why you began a post about ATS in the "Other Current Events" forum? Perhaps a moment's contemplation in the nearest mirror might provide some clues as to your dissatisfaction with recent content quality.

It's easy to complain.

It's hard to do something.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by William]

1:i wouldnt fare as poorly as u would with that rube-worthy thread.
this point hasnt been repeated as much as people pointing out my registering a month ago

take a swipe then...*nods vigorously*

2:the j/k's there for a reason...lighten up
3:it's a matter of time william, that's all, you'll gently push the rest of us off your cliff if a similar attitude is maintained.
it is inexorably blatant that you've come across a typically hard nut to crack *me*

am i doing this for the hell of it?? or do i see reason stacking up against your false pretences...
or could it be....frustration?*gasp*

are you that bugged by my statement? you cant handle the truth, therefore you swerve to the most convenient ledge?
another thing...i may be young, but im not stupid, and neither are you, which scares me.
although, i am compelled to say this: dont put your age or position as admin before logical reason...
my prediction is you'll let this topic pass by unphased by it's contents...i'll make sure your conscience reminds you of this thread when heading downhill

i'd move this to the mudpit if i could, & be a tad agressive on the topic..
but whatever, it's the ammount of posts stacked up against me that'll be my ruin, sadly you have support, i dont

as for the nearest mirror? same pale face, no freckles or pimples for that matter, same messed up hair...growing a bit long now, your point is?

.admittedly i understand your hinting at my taking it out on ATS instead of solving any personal/really personal problems...
lol:
Cyrus
funny, how everything subsides back my way, no matter how hard i push matters forward u still make it your duty to shovel it back

u know...i should try that for once

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Cyrus]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join