It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antiquity of the Sacrifice of Bread and Wine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In regard to this:

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by Byrd
I wish you'd go read what the Egyptians themselves said.

I agree.

Link: Kemetic Pagan FAQ

Okay PuRe EnErGy; now with this I do not want to imply, that the Ancient Khemetians did not perform the Sacrament of Bread, Wine or Water.

I'm only suggesting to avoid the additional nonsense added onto it by kalkian-personalities.

But who knows?

Maybe the Khemetians physical ceremonial bread was shaped like a Cap-Stone?

But I've never heard such a thing.

Anyway, just last night, I was thumbing through the index of Godfrey Higgins' "Anacalypsis" and found something very interesting.

Now first, let us keep in mind that in every Religion, there is an exoteric outward ritual.

And then there is a Internal Occult ritual, of which the exoteric ritual is symbolic of.

First, some observations from John Yarker and H.P. Blavatsky:

The Arcane Schools

Bread and wine have been held to be the body and blood of Bacchus, and Mr. St. Chad Boscawen (1900) announces that he has just received from Egypt some old Gnostic papyri of the 2nd or 3rd century A.D. in which the names of Jesus, John, and Peter are said to be powerful. Over a cup or chalice these words appear in Greek: "This is not wine, this is the blood of Osiris," and over a piece of bread: "This is not bread, this is the very body of Osiris." It proves that the spirit of the Arcane Schools existed far into Christian times.

Isis Unveiled

...wine was common to many ancient nations."* Cicero mentions it in his works, and wonders at the strangeness of the rite. There had been an esoteric meaning attached to it from the first establishment of the Mysteries, and the Eucharistia is one of the oldest rites of antiquity. With the hierophants it had nearly the same significance as with the Christians. Ceres was bread, and Bacchus was wine; the former meaning regeneration of life from the seed, and the latter -- the grape -- the emblem of wisdom and knowledge; the accumulation of the spirit of things, and the fermentation and subsequent strength of that esoteric knowledge being justly symbolized by wine. The mystery related to the drama of Eden; it is said to have been first taught by Janus, who was also the first to introduce in the temples the sacrifices of "bread" and "wine" in commemoration of the "fall into generation" as the symbol of the "seed." "I am the vine, and my Father is the husbandman," says Jesus, alluding to the secret knowledge that could be imparted by him. "I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

So the Bread and Wine is totally Al-Khem-ical and totally Sexual(see the works of Samael Aun Weor and Hargrave Jennings).

Now in the Anacalypsis; he has shewn that Pythagoras, a Brahmin and an Initiate of the Khemetian Mysteries, performed the Sacrifices of Bread, Wine or Water, at the Altar of the Bloodless Apollo, the shrine where no blood is shed.

Godfrey Higgins here also points out that within every authentic Religion, there is found the Budha(Divine Wisdom) and the Universal(Catholic) Christianity(Gnosis).

The following is not the specific excerpt from the Anacalypsis I've referred to, but it helps to confirm the point:

Edit(again) - Fixed Link: An Attempt to Draw Aside the Veil of the Saitic ... - Google Books Result

This is in complete agreement with the Kalki Avatar, the Om-Ahmed or Aun-Ahmad of the current cycle: Samael Aun Weor:

The Gnostic Church

"In the superior worlds there is a Gnostic Church, the Cathedral of the Soul. In this cathedral rituals are carried out Fridays and Sundays at dawn or whenever necessary for the good of humanity. Many devotees gather at the Praetor in Astral Bodies. There are also some athletes of the Jinn science who carry their physical body to the Praetor. Thus, all of these devotees have the fortune of receiving the bread and wine…

The Gnostic Church preserves the entire Secret Doctrine of the Adorable Savior of the world. The Gnostic Church is the religion of happiness and beauty. The Gnostic Church is the virginal trunk from which Romanism and all of the other sects that adore Christ came forth. The Gnostic Church is the only church that preserves, in secret, the doctrine that Christ taught from his lips to the ears of his disciples...

We must not forget that there are rituals of Light and of Darkness. We possess the secret rituals of the Adorable Savior of the World.

Neither we scorn nor do we underestimate any religion. All religions are precious pearls linked on the golden thread of Divinity. We only affirm that Gnosis is the flame from which all religions of the Universe come forth. That is all."

- Perfect Matrimony by Samael Aun Weor

So, pure Thelema(a term that points to The Will of God, Ausar, Amitabha, Christ, etc.) is indeed Christianity in the complete sense of the word.

The other type of "Thelema" that is so common nowadays(without saying any names), is not Christian whatsoever(and neither are the majority of the modern "Christian" churches).

Regards

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
thank you so much tamahu, I can only search and find so much by myself..

I will read thru it all, and its sources.. and get back to you with a more coherent response but I was wondering..
Have you heard of the blue lotus and its 'effects'? ? did they not soak the blue-lotus in the wine before drinking it?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That would make sense, that the Ancients practiced the Elemental Magic of the Lotus in some form.

The Lotus of the Buddhists and Khemetians, and the Rose of the Gnostic-Rosicrucians, are very sacred symbols.

They are symbolic of Wisdom, of the Female Yoni, and the Womb of the Divine Mother.

The Lotus is a flower that emerges from the muddy waters(of fornication) without a trace of dirt(lust) left on it.

This implies that Wisdom arises from the practice of Alchemy or Karma-Mudra.

I'm sure that the founder of the Nyingma School of Tibet, The Lotus-Born knows all about this.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Were you aware of the blue-lotus' entheogenic properties?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No, I was not.

I did look it up though.

en.wikipedia.org...

However I would not recommend trying any type of medicinal Magic without the guidance of an authentic Shaman.

Or at the least I would not try to perform such Magic, without the methods described in Occult Medicine and Practical Magic.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

It was considered extremely significant in Egyptian mythology, since it was said to rise and fall with the sun. Consequently, due to its colourings, it was identified, in some beliefs, as having been the original container, in a similar manner to an egg, of Atum, and in similar beliefs Ra, both solar deities. As such, its properties form the origin of the lotus variant of the Ogdoad cosmogeny.

The flowers are rumored to contain aporphine, an entheogen that is purported to have divinatory properties, and nuciferine, an antispasmodic, but the Egyptian species have never been scientifically tested for these compounds.

It is sometimes assumed that Nymphaea caerulea was the lotus plant eaten by the mythical Lotophagi. In an episode in Homer's Odyssey, Odysseus and his crew arrive at a North African island populated by "lotus eaters", and the sailors, made indolent by the plant, do not wish to leave because of their addiction to the euphoria achieved from consuming the plant. However, the Greek word lôtos can refer to at least four different plants; most commonly, Ziziphus lotus is assumed to be the plant meant in the Odyssey [1].

Nymphaea caerulea is also the flower that lent its name to Alfred, Lord Tennyson's (fl. 1850) poem, The Lotos-Eaters, based on the Odyssey.

This is interesting.

As Tennyson is said to have been an Adept, or at least an Initiate.

And also, the part about the Solar Logos arising from the Cosmic Womb of the Divine Mother, like Heru Pa Khart or Harpocrates(Buddha Nature).

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you give me what you have, and I will give you what I have.. lol

You should look at downloading this torrent..

Psychedelic_Visionary_Plants_Sacred_Weeds_Salvia_200603

There is some very good information in there...

Now its time to combine it all, and recieve my own synthesis..

top topics

join