It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solution to Over-Population (and Resource Shortage)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think we could live very easily with technology without destroying the world we live in but we could also easily destroy the world we live in because of the technology and I think were on that knife edge right now, it all depends on how much faith you have in humanity and to tell you the truth I don't have so much faith in us right now.

To tell the truth, while I have faith in the ability of humanity to make better choices, I don't see it as something that's likely to happen. We're perfectly capable of making the right decisions, and we have been for quite some time, we're just not willing.

That's the horrible truth about free will and choice. It's gives us an enormous amount of power to change our world, but it's impotent without the will to do all that is necessary.

(Edit: Forgot to say that my earlier comment about hunter-gatherer societies was an oversimplification. Generally speaking though, free time is scarce for societies that live so close to a state of nature, and free time is the currency that buys intellectual, spiritual, and artistic progress.)

[edit on 11-12-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
How does one determine exactly when population reaches a certain level that it is over populated? What is that number? Is it when there is not enough farm land left to feed everyone in a given area or when you have to sit through five red lights to get through because of traffic? The thing that mostly says to me that the world is reaching a high population is heavy traffic. During school time it increases fourfold. If one could figure out a way to have more people working out of there homes and not traveling you could probably stand some more population but still there probably is a definite line to be drawn somewhere but where is it?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
How does one determine exactly when population reaches a certain level that it is over populated? What is that number? Is it when there is not enough farm land left to feed everyone in a given area or when you have to sit through five red lights to get through because of traffic? The thing that mostly says to me that the world is reaching a high population is heavy traffic. During school time it increases fourfold. If one could figure out a way to have more people working out of there homes and not traveling you could probably stand some more population but still there probably is a definite line to be drawn somewhere but where is it?

As a city worker who drives for a living I can appreciate your opinion about traffic and overpopulation, but it's really more about people's decisions than it is limited resources. There is almost unlimited land available to farm. The limit is on people willing to farm the land, and the economic viability of doing so considering the corporate control of the industry(at least in the USA).

People gather in the cities because of the lure of higher pay, and the pursuit of such mammon makes them willing to put up with frustrations such as traffic and bee-hive style living, but I'm convinced that most people would be happier in a more simple agrarian lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
i believe that we do have the technology so we do not need to thin out the heard the only problem is, the technology is hidden from the public because it would bring lots of peace the world and then the powers that be wouldn't be in control anymore, governments wouldn't be in control either.

i recently heard of a devise that can make 60 gallons of water a day from thin air. guess what the technology is only being use for the military in harsh conditions where water is scarce. makes you think?
the inventor of the segway made two machines one that cleans water and one that produces electricity from cow manure it sustained a test village for more then 3 months and still is working.

just think about their applications with out being selfish.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I believe that de-populating the entire human race and destroying the planet is the ultimate goal of the global elite.

Why should they let a natural occurance like a giant meteor or a micro-scopic virus do the dirty work when they can act like god and do it for us?

[edit on 15-12-2006 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join