It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrestling Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:
sbj

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just curious as to how many wrestling fans we have here. I used to post a bunch over on some wrestling message boards, but quit due to the fact they they're mostly run by over-zealous 14-year-olds who think they have a handle on the bussiness, and would rather fill a thread with one-liner flamer responses than actually engage in conversation about it.

So how 'bout it, any marks / smarks out there?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I dont quite know what the point of this is!!!
But I will say wrestling is FAKE, BUT very well done...
When they bleed from the face, they cover their faces and make a small cut with a razor blade (while the ref causes a distraction) in their wrinkled up forehead and smaer the blood down their face...
The ref plays a big part in the show ie. telling one wrestler what the other one will do, and they know who will win from the start...

[edit on 16-11-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yes, wrestling is fake, but the wrestlers have to do one hell-of-a-job to make it what it is. and in wrestling, they're are many accidents that happen; like broken ribbs,fingers,NECKS,backs,legs, ect. Wreslters put on one hell of a show if you look at all the aspects, and yes, I think everyone in the world knows its fake because it is made to ENTERTAIN us. Its like a live Soap Oprah, which is much harder to do because you can't go back if you mess up, and you beat the guy in front of you up too. If you mess up, its up to you to improvise and don't make it show that whatever you did wasn't supposed to happen.

-Jimmy-

sbj

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
^^^^

Exactly. Its like going to a play and standing up and shouting, "Hey! I don't think that Willie Loman guy is really all that depressed!"

Its understood that the matches a predetermined. Really I don't understand what the big deal is. Its not like most all other sports aren't fixed. At least from time-to-time. Wrestlers go out there and put their butts on the line every single night, and put on one of the best shows on earth.

Its just kinda sad the state that wrestling's in right now. Although, if you saw TNA's primetime debut this past week...WRESTLING'S FINALLY GETTING GOOD AGAIN!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hailing from Calgary...I was actually quite a fan of the Maple Leaf Wrestlers and have met most of the Harts at some point.

It's choreographed entertainment. But as with any massive production there are a lot of hours, sweat and careful planning to achieve a great show. What the guys go through physically is astounding.

Like professional dancers...it's hard work and lots of it.

PS I went on a date with Chris Benoit before he made it big time LMAO...dumb as a post...but now he's a bit of a steroid junkie and looks sooooo different than he did when Stu Hart started training him and grooming him for WWF.

Wrestling was a big part of Calgary, because Stu Hart was an amazing business man and a very generous man as well.

I don't watch it these days...it's quite different now that steroid use is so widespread.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've been a wrestling fan since i was a kid,am now 29.
I have seen lots of things change in wrestling.I grew up watching federations like the AWA,NWA,World Class Championship Wrestling,WWF.The the landscape became WWE,ECW,WCW.Then it became a monopolised world run by the WWE.Now theres a flicker on the horizon called TNA.

TNA will either become a solid second federation or perhaps become the property of the WWE,ala WCW & ECW.If TNA goes on a spending spree snatching up recently "retired" of fired WWE stars,they could fall into the trap WCW fell into.The world of wrestling needs TNA.WWE needs TNA to push them.Competition is a great thing.

With the sudden loses of big named stars in such a short period has hurt the business.They were needed to build up the next generation,but they will have to go about it another way.
People like
1.Stone Cold Steve Austin(Retired)
2.Goldberg(Retired)
3.Chris Jericho(Retired)
4.Trish Stratus(Retired)
5.The Rock(Retired)
6.Eddie Guerrero(Dead)
7.Brock Lesnar(Retired)

Soon to go
1.Big Show
2.Lita
3.Kane
4.JBL

And as wrestling be fake,well ya.But nobody goes to see a Star Wars movie,come out and say "That Sucked,because it was fake".Wrestling is entertainment.

:w: Oh Hell Ya!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wrestling is pure entertainment. And what glorious entertainment it is. I do not get a chance to watch it too much since it has become big business. But as a kid I was glued to the set when wrestling was on. Lately I have been toying with the idea of making a wrestling animated video featuring Satan vs. Jesus......"In this corner weighing in at 105 pounds in flowing robes and beard to match we have the son of God JEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST! And in the other corner weighing in at 325 and smelling of Brimstone we have SAAAAAAATAAAAAAN Lord of the underworld!!!!! Allright gentlemen this will be a physical match only. If you attempt to pull any miracles or reset the space time continuum you will be immediately disqualified. Am I understood?"

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Who can forget the British Bulldogs? Or Jim the Anvil Neidhart? Angel of Death...Mahkansing and the Karachi Vice LMAO....I watched all the Hart boys wrestle except for Wayne Hart who ref'd and Owen who was too young at the time....

Used to great fun to go to the Round Up center, drink some beer and go watch big guys "beat" the snuff out of each other...

It's good fun I guess but it's changed a lot!!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Oh watch it now and again, I used to be a major fan, Went to the first summerslam in the UK with my sister oni and a few others that have came here,

back in the days of the hit man, Nailz, and sid justice lol,

My nan is a mad fan so when im there i have to watch it with her while she throws her walking stick at the tv ? her Fav is John Senor

top topics

join